Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barrel input needed

Feedback Score
    There's some better ways to approach this guys, there's a lot of fail here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    There's some better ways to approach this guys, there's a lot of fail here.
    Please expand upon your statement. Seriously. I don't want to go buying parts that are a bad idea. Like I said, I started the build with a different plan in mind, but have since decided to go pistol with this one.

Feedback Score
    While a pistol AR can use more gas than its SBR cousin, there's many base barrel offerings that may have a more suitable gas porting for your operation.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    While a pistol AR can use more gas than its SBR cousin, there's many base barrel offerings that may have a more suitable gas porting for your operation.
    I have a pistol build in progress. Can you recommend any barrels? Looking at a 10.5 to 11.5 inch .556 and will be converting to an SBR when the stamp comes back.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    For a few reasons, I personally do not like AR pistols. I do not like the same gassing between a pistol and a SBR. I would tend to prefer different gassings between them among other things for function.
    If you were to venture on to this, I would choose a 11.5" over a 10.5" for function and a few other matters.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thank you sir. Your advice is very much appreciated.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a 10.5" 223 Wylde barrel that runs fine with an SLR adjustable gas block and H buffer. It also ran fine when I was using a rifle RE, buffer and spring.

What I've found while looking over chronograph data, is that in general, there is enough velocity difference between the 10.5" barrel and the 11.5" barrel to make that extra inch worth it. That said, I'm very satisfied with the performance of the 10.5" barrel. While I haven't shot the 6933 as much, it comes with an 11.5" barrel and is smooth. I don't think you can go wrong with either barrel length, but if you're looking for an advantage, get the 11.5" for the added velocity. I can't tell any difference in the handling between the two.

As for barrel maker, take a look at what Sonics or Faxon has to offer. Both make top quality barrels that cost much less than the price range you mentioned
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

FaxonNathan Guest
    A pleasure to be mentioned. Let us know if we can help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123