1 (100%)
    ^Very cool!^

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta-3 View Post
    Nice!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Was in Dayton, Ohio a few weeks back and saw these in one of the local museums (sorry for the rubbish photos - was rushed and shooting thru glass)

Thompson 1921AC

H&R Handy Gun in .410

Frommer Stop .32 cal.

There’s also a machine gun variant of this that used two pistols mounted side-by-side, upside down on a tripod, firing from 25-round mags! (images from Pinterest and tumblr).

The Malibu Barbie Machine Gun! Adorable

Random unmarked revolver. The clear grips caught my eye though.

A Colt .38 Super taken off of John Dillinger when he was arrested in Dayton in 1933. Engraving was done for the Chief by his detectives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    A memento honoring my son when he returned from his first deployment as an Army combat medic. Ruger Blackhawk convertible 45 Colt/45 acp, completely redone by Turnbull Restorations. The gold inlay is based on a famous image on an American eagle, used in thousands of DOD and IC presentations since the early 2000's.

Last edited by Bruce in WV; 08-20-21 at 07:01.
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in WV View Post
    A memento honoring my son when he returned from his first deployment as an Army combat medic. Ruger Blackhawk convertible 45 Colt/45 acp, completely redone by Turnbull Restorations. The gold inlay is based on a famous image on an American eagle, used in thousands of DOD and IC presentations since the early 2000's.

I have thought of doing the same thing several times with Turnball. If you don’t mind me asking, did you buy the Blackhawk from Turnball already complete, or did you send them a gun? I know it’s not cheap, but can you give me an idea on what the total cost was? Thank you.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I supplied a NIB Blackhawk, which cost me $750 in 2006. Turnbull replaced the aluminum ERH and gripframe with steel parts, fitted the Belt Mtn locking base pin, did the gold inlay, and made the tiger maple grips based on a set of custom Bob Munden Gunfighter grips I provided from a Colt SA. Fitting, bluing, CCH, parts, perform a complete action job, including recut the forcing cone and do cylinder honing on both cylinders: $3,000 in 2007 dollars.

That gun is going on the auction block. My son was medically retired with 100% disability and needs to cash out the guns he's unable to shoot. I'm not sure what it will bring, but it's unlikely to cover the cost of making it, so you can't do a project like this as an investment.
    Last edited by Bruce in WV; 08-20-21 at 10:29.
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia.

Page 71 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast