Page 72 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: POST YOUR PICS OF ANY FIREARM

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in WV View Post
    I supplied a NIB Blackhawk, which cost me $750 in 2006. Turnbull replaced the aluminum ERH and gripframe with steel parts, fitted the Belt Mtn locking base pin, did the gold inlay, and made the tiger maple grips based on a set of custom Bob Munden Gunfighter grips I provided from a Colt SA. Fitting, bluing, CCH, parts, perform a complete action job, including recut the forcing cone and do cylinder honing on both cylinders: $3,000 in 2007 dollars.

That gun is going on the auction block. My son was medically retired with 100% disability and needs to cash out the guns he's unable to shoot. I'm not sure what it will bring, but it's unlikely to cover the cost of making it, so you can't do a project like this as an investment.
    I'm sorry to hear about the injuries of your son, I'll keep all of you in our family prayers.

I think you are right, and I'm afraid the cost of the Blackhawk is going to come in substantially below the total sum put into it. The flip side of things is that regardless of what it sells for, it will put money where is needed.

If you want to make a post stating what firearms he is interested in selling, I have no problems with you making a post in my section. DM me if you have any ideas that would help sell with or without auction.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    This is the last one to go. The marketplace has been pretty good to him so far. He might get 60-70% of what's in it after fees and such.
    Thanks for the prayers; include him with all the others wounded in body and soul.

ETA 09082021: Thank you. A very supportive FFL in my area is listing it for him for minimal fees. If this edit goes beyond the scope of your post, please delete it.

"If you want to make a post stating what firearms he is interested in selling, I have no problems with you making a post in my section. DM me if you have any ideas that would help sell with or without auction."

It is now on consignment on Gunbroker (Ruger Blackhawk Revolver .45LC/.45ACP).The listed starting bid is $1,000 below what's in it.

ETA 11072021: Sold on GB last week.
    Last edited by Bruce in WV; 11-07-21 at 04:27.
    Yankee refugee living in the free state of West Virginia.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

•Aero Precision M4E1 FDE complete AR pistol lower
    •7” bbl. 5.56mm Upper - FDE by Wright Armory
    •Sharpe Bros. 7” MLOK Ultra Lite handguard
    •Kaw Valley Linear Comp FDE
    •Trijicon MRO
    w/ LaRue LT849 QD mount
    •Trijicon ACOG Mini
    w/ LaRue LT105 QD mount
    •Bushnell FastFire
    w/ LaRue LT635 mount
    •Magpul MOE-K Grip
    •Magpul MBUS FDE F&R
    •Viridian HS1 Hand Stop Green Laser
    •Beaten Zone A.T.C.H. charging handle
    •Strike Industries Ultimate Dust Cover FDE
    Last edited by TriggerFish; 08-28-21 at 15:04.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would say that it’s just a loud pretty toy, then I remember how much fun my ultra short AR is. Mine turns money to brass (or steel) very quickly.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, it seems other people don't enjoy it as much as I do. So currently I tend to mostly take it out to the desert in the Jeep.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Name this camo pattern!
    Last edited by TriggerFish; 08-30-21 at 09:41.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post

Name this camo pattern!
    Mitchell cloud pattern, autumn-winter?

Where in the world did you get it though?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Correct. •USMC circa 1953 - used through Vietnam/Cold War•
    My late F-I-L's brother was a quartermaster at Ft. Lewis WA. When he died we went to clean out his house and found lots of interesting items. The shelter halves were in there. I used them for years as table covers when I had tables at gun shows.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post
    Correct. •USMC circa 1953 - used through Vietnam/Cold War•
    My late F-I-L's brother was a quartermaster at Ft. Lewis WA. When he died we went to clean out his house and found lots of interesting items. The shelter halves were in there. I used them for years as table covers when I had tables at gun shows.
    I'll bet you did find loads of interesting treasures!!

Cleaning out old and/ or forgotten storage bunkers can unearth loads of stuff which typically goes in a dumpster.
    Stick

Page 72 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast