Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your non-firearm favorite pictures that you have taken (1 pic per day)

Feedback Score
    image.jpg

Taken off a private pier on Amelia island. It was the last time I went fishing with my father in law before he died. Looking back at it, the clouds were starting to block the sun before sunset, just like his mind went before dying.

I know nothing about photography and took it with a cell phone.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Attachment 42411
    taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway near my home.
    Last edited by CharlieDeltaJuliet; 11-14-16 at 19:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieDeltaJuliet View Post

A couple taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway near my home.

Please go read the first post, then decide what picture stays and which one goes. :-)

Thanks!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

One of my favorite photos I've taken, in was a foggy day and it made for of of my favorite photos I've take, I believe I used a iPhone 4 for this picture years ago. I just wish that street sign couldn't be seen. This was in my front yard in Oracle, AZ, this is the fence that fell apart that I hadn't gotten the chance to repair at the time the photo was taken.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post

One of my favorite photos I've taken, in was a foggy day and it made for of of my favorite photos I've take, I believe I used a iPhone 4 for this picture years ago. I just wish that street sign couldn't be seen. This was in my front yard in Oracle, AZ, this is the fence that fell apart that I hadn't gotten the chance to repair at the time the photo was taken.
    That's a nice one. I can smell the desert in this photo. For those non AZ people, once in your life you need to smell the Sonoran or Chihuahan desert when it rains. I can't describe it. Creosote bushes that on a dry day are completely odorless, but if you just breathe on them for an instant, the humidity in your breath makes them smell like a herb. So when it rains, the whole desert smells like this, combined with the rain smell. Plants and animals spring to life. Pretty neat.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Here's one that I like - I'm in it, but I did take it. I did what I do quite a bit - composed the shot on a tripod; and had my wife as a stand-in to focus on. Set the timer, and ran out to where she was, while she came back

The setting was absolutely beautiful - a dry lake bed, and I could see for miles. The clouds cast shadows on the ground which made the landscape more interesting. I just enjoyed being out there under the open sky surrounded by incredible landscape, with my wife and son. Brings back good memories.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Taken in Tennessee the weekend before last on a hike. I like it because the scenery was just amazing.

Last edited by Endur; 11-14-16 at 22:28.

Feedback Score
    Inspired by some of the rifle crate coffee tables I saw around the interwebs, I decided to build my own. This was a quick shot taken with a Nikon D3000 inside of the crate I built last year. It now sits in my office as a convenient place to store my shooting gear. I often use this one as my wallpaper at work, since there aren't any firearms/ammunition present in the photo to offend the soft-hearted.

"Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Here's one that I like - I'm in it, but I did take it. I did what I do quite a bit - composed the shot on a tripod; and had my wife as a stand-in to focus on. Set the timer, and ran out to where she was, while she came back

The setting was absolutely beautiful - a dry lake bed, and I could see for miles. The clouds cast shadows on the ground which made the landscape more interesting. I just enjoyed being out there under the open sky surrounded by incredible landscape, with my wife and son. Brings back good memories.

Awesome stuff.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I am by no means a photographer, and this was taken with my phone, but I like this picture because it was my good friend's first truly wild caught trout. He's been hooked ever since, and I'm glad to have a fishing buddy.
    Last edited by HCrum87hc; 11-15-16 at 08:16.

Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast