Page 37 of 62 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Got a knife? Axe? Bow? Any edged sharp pokey thing? Post it!!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post
    You doing some work with Schrade, or just playing with knives? Either way, its always nice to have friends in the blade business!
    Stick

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No connection to Schrade but I was looking into getting another Chris Reeve 1-piece hollow handle survival knife. 25+ years ago I bought one and thought it was pretty $$$ but it was very cool. Well now, if you can find one, they start @ $1K and go straight up, which then those knives become investments and safe queens. That's when I stumbled across the Schrade SCHF1. Now I have a very well made tool instead of a 'gold bar' in the safe.
    I have collected and used knives for over 60 years and now have two grandsons (13 and 8) who are following that passion, with my active assistance! They haven't yet seen the F1.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No connection to Schrade but I was looking into getting another Chris Reeve 1-piece hollow handle survival knife. 25+ years ago I bought one and thought it was pretty $$$ but it was very cool. Well now, if you can find one, they start @ $1K and go straight up, which then those knives become investments and safe queens. That's when I stumbled across the Schrade SCHF1. Now I have a very well made tool instead of a 'gold bar' in the safe.
    I have collected and used knives for over 60 years and now have two grandsons (13 and 8) who are following that passion, with my active assistance! They haven't yet seen the F1.
    Schrade online prices are pretty cheap. I've seen some of their blades which are pretty low quality steel, but for the most part it seems to offer a good bang for the buck.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The info on the F1 that sealed the deal was the description: One-Piece Drop Forged Fixed Blade (7.5" length .227" thick), Matte Finished SAE-1070 High Carbon Steel. The reason it has an MSRP of $113 but can be bought for $69.99 (Midway, Knife Center) is that it was made in the 'Good China'; Taiwan. So if I happen to lose it out in the Sonoran Desert I won't lose any sleep. I'll get another.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The info on the F1 that sealed the deal was the description: One-Piece Drop Forged Fixed Blade (7.5" length .227" thick), Matte Finished SAE-1070 High Carbon Steel. The reason it has an MSRP of $113 but can be bought for $69.99 (Midway, Knife Center) is that it was made in the 'Good China'; Taiwan. So if I happen to lose it out in the Sonoran Desert I won't lose any sleep. I'll get another.
    Hard to go wrong for under $100 as a CR knock off. What I'd worry about most with such a knife is the HT which can really make or break (no pun intended) a knife. I'm not expert on the topic, but I believe the HT for such a carbon steel is pretty straight forward, but real attention and consistency of the HT is often one aspect of the differences between budget and more $ knives. I'm encouraged it's made in Taiwan.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Schrade online prices are pretty cheap. I've seen some of their blades which are pretty low quality steel, but for the most part it seems to offer a good bang for the buck.
    If the HT is good, SAE-1070 is good tough carbon steel I hear. It's obviously not latest greatest wonder steel, but might make for a good sub $100 choice. I have to admit I'm one of those people who owns some nice knives and can't bring myself to use them, always opting for a robust D2 knife (another older and often under appreciated steel) that you can beat on all day and not care about it.

I had 2 of the CR knives that's a knock off from and sold both as they were indeed total safe queens and I'm trying to avoid collecting safe queens.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 37 of 62 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast