Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Got a knife? Axe? Bow? Any edged sharp pokey thing? Post it!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Got a knife? Axe? Bow? Any edged sharp pokey thing? Post it!!

Have a favorite knife? An ugly knife? A beater or daily carry knife? A knife you are in love with or ashamed of? Bows, Axes, spears, or anything else with a blade or edge? Go ahead and post a picture, just make sure it is your picture.

Here is a knife that John Noveske gave me. The condensed story is that John had talked to Strider about having knives made, and not a generic knife, but one that John designed himself. A few of the knives were made as production samples, and they were pretty close to what John wanted, but not exact. John gave the other few production samples to some awesome people (including his sons), and kept one for himself. John gave me his personal knife, and I've kept it as is since then. Later there was a production run made, you can tell those by the markings and serial numbers. Most of my blades aren't anywhere near this interesting, but I figured it was a story some people might appreciate.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here is one of the BCM / Emerson knives...

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Have a favorite knife? An ugly knife? A beater or daily carry knife? A knife you are in love with or ashamed of? Go ahead and post a picture, just make sure it is your picture.

Here is a knife that John Noveske gave me. The condensed story is that John had talked to Strider about having knives made, and not a generic knife, but one that John designed himself. A few of the knives were made as production samples, and they were pretty close to what John wanted, but not exact. John gave the other few production samples to some awesome people (including his sons), and kept one for himself. John gave me his personal knife, and I've kept it as is since then. Later there was a production run made, you can tell those by the markings and serial numbers. Most of my blades aren't anywhere near this interesting, but I figured it was a story some people might appreciate.

Reminds me of a Larry Harley blade. I love the overbuilt, hard use style of fixed blade.

This is another iPhone pic, my ZT 302, and Timberline "Special Service", a knife that is out of production and difficult to find now.

The top is a crop of the bottom, iirc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Himalayan Imports Padam Suga. Another cellphone pic snapped on a late summer afternoon last year. I wish the colors in the pic were more vibrant, as it stands they are kind of muted.

Himalayan Imports Kobra

I like the pic overall but it suffers from the same muted colors and poor clarity as most of the pics I took with my older phone.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    ESEE knives may be my favorite knives. I carry an Izula everyday.

To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Some of my older pics...
    Coogler HAK - I have this attached to a belt near the buckle, so it's concealed under the loose end of the belt:

Trident Knives TCFM 02 - very solid knife, but a bit heavy:

This was one of the first Strider DBs with gunner grips (which were modified Mod 10 grips - this was done in 2007); it was done by my request and also partly to gauge interest. Based on the positive response they got, gunner grips became a regular option for the DB. A sharp eye might notice that the honeycombs are 'vertical' on the grip, instead of longitudinal on the production grips.

It's a nice companion to my MARS Armament 1911:

Bawidamann Blades prototype Skraeling - Ben had some different variations in mind and sent me drawings for my input. We made some tweaks, and this is the final configuration based on what I wanted:

Probably my favourite folder - the Zero Tolerance ZT0360.SKD, which is exclusive to SKD Tactical. I lost this particular one in a motorcycle accident:

I was later very fortunate to collaborate with SKD on my own MM version; the ZT0360.SKD.MM with my MM Skull logo etched on the blade and limited to 103 pieces. It's still my favourite EDC folder:

Feedback Score
    CRKT Hisshou with a custom micarta handle.

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    A knife I made for my son when he started scouts. I took the picture on the hood of my newly waxed pickup. I liked the glossy black background.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Long-time favorite.

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast