Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Got a knife? Axe? Bow? Any edged sharp pokey thing? Post it!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My photography skills continue to evolve-- sideways, I'm afraid.

But here's a machete I bought in Nicaragua in 1992 for $3.00. Everybody had one so I figured..... I should too. Here's where I could say....

"Bringing an M1 carbine along on trips to local seaside bars was frowned upon if you didn't go to the right one with the right people". That would be 100% true, but of course, I did not have an M1 carbine with me.

While there I discovered Flor de Cana rum which remains a favorite. You could not find it here at that time but now it's not terribly hard.

The chunk of firewood is Osage Orange. I would never put that thing in whole, it would burn a hole to China-- it's impressive as firewood and for making things. I had put some small pieces in, trying to get it to "do its thing" for the pic but failed. O-O coals, when you open the draft, will shoot sparks out 4-5'. Each one pops at the end if its flight, bursting like a mini-firework. The sparks actually seem to be rocket propelled, not just ejected.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Great photo, I like it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    US Made CRKT Carson Design M16-04Auto

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    moar blades

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

A prototype carbon fiber knife - 9.5" O.A.L. - 4.75" blade - SHARP!
    -with custom prototype sheath made by Tim Wegner way before BLADE-TECH became big. I've known Tim for 35+ years when he was making made-to-order custom Kydex in his shop in Puyallup, WA.
    He would sell me numbered production knives that he received from manufacturers. These knives Tim used to produce prototype sheaths for the various makers. He has come a long way.

The stamping reads:
    BLADE-TECH
    TIM WEGNER
    MAKER
    CUSTOM SHEATHS
    Last edited by TriggerFish; 12-17-18 at 19:02.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    And not a speck of ferrous metal anywhere near that......

Feedback Score
    Original Bowie knife from Solingen Germany, the Sabre Monarch 171.

First knife I ever bought with my own money. Out riding bikes with my big sister, and we came upon a garage sale. It cost me $7 of my lawn mowing money back in the 70s. I abused the crap out of it as a kid & teen. Just had it re-profiled (broken tip) and sharpened over the summer. Then had this kydex sheath made. She's shaving sharp again after all these years.

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Here are two of first run numbered knives I bought from Tim over the years.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've spent time around Tim with him never knowing my alter/ online persona. Nice guy.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast