Page 25 of 62 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Got a knife? Axe? Bow? Any edged sharp pokey thing? Post it!!

Feedback Score
    Starting to get broken in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Ladies, and Gentlemen, I give you the Applegate Fairbairn dagger. One of my favorites. I love this knife. You love this knife. (or at least you should) Everybody loves this knife. In fact, it's pretty much the standard that you judge a good combat knife by...

But as always... it came with an insanely crappy sheath.

So I got a guy I met on another forum that does custom Kidex work. Picked up 3 of my knives today after my VA appointment down in Indy that were getting new custom Kydex sheaths made for them, and it makes them much more user friendly.

On to the sheath... The knife snaps in firmly, and stays in place. The molle straps on the back can be mounted horizontally, or vertically, as the eyelets are spaced the same distance apart, or they can just come off. The Multicam on the front is a bit more expensive, but I just got the regular black on the rear. On the bottom, there is a space molded in between the layers that acts as a drain hole. Now, all that play time with the red rubber trainer will pay off, and I can put this bad boy to use. (Well, I can put it on the war belt anyway. I hope I don't actually need to put it to use.) I've has this one for almost 3 years, and have almost never used it because the factory sheath sucked so bad.

Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 06-11-19 at 20:30.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Sharp, pokey, bottle opener thing. Tracker Dan Bottle Shark - Space Metal edition. SM100 nickel titanium "steel" but it's technically not steel as it doesn't contain iron.

Feedback Score
    D Guard Cutlass

Blade
    DSC_0029.jpg

User Interface
    DSC_0030.jpg
    Last edited by JDH1; 08-03-19 at 20:55.

Feedback Score
    Arming Sword

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Ohta Chikahide Gendaito.
    A very good Gendai bladesmith. The blade was mostly roached when I found it.
    The balance and length of blade (28") are exceptional. Hada is Itame, Hamon is "Horsetooth" O Choji.
    I undertook a major restoration of blade (3 yrs.) and new Koshirae (fittings). Fittings are old; Tsuba is Koto era (late 1500's) "Kiku" Iron "battle Tsuba", Fuchi/Gashira newer Shin/Shinto era, "pretty" pieces.
    It's my forms, Tameshigiri blade.

No decent photos of blade, apologies.

Page 25 of 62 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast