Page 38 of 62 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Got a knife? Axe? Bow? Any edged sharp pokey thing? Post it!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Some good reviews from buyers:

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SCH...e-nylon-sheath

I'll probably get another one now @ this price so the grandsons won't get into a brotherly fight down the road!

My new rule: no more safe queens*.

*way too many now.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerFish View Post
    Some good reviews from buyers:

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SCH...e-nylon-sheath

I'll probably get another one now @ this price so the grandsons won't get into a brotherly fight down the road!

My new rule: no more safe queens*.

*way too many now.
    Ordered one.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Ordered one.
    Will,

If you are looking for a fun project, I picked up the below blade which is already heat treated. I shaped and slapped handles on it, put on an edge and love it!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Marbles...t/402484025557

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Will,

If you are looking for a fun project, I picked up the below blade which is already heat treated. I shaped and slapped handles on it, put on an edge and love it!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Marbles...t/402484025557

Cool idea. Actual knife making is on my bucket list, but starting with your own handle and assembly is a fun start.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Cool idea. Actual knife making is on my bucket list, but starting with your own handle and assembly is a fun start.
    Now you guys have me scrolling through the kits on Knifekits.com looking at what I could build...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Now you guys have me scrolling through the kits on Knifekits.com looking at what I could build...
    The above one I posted is 1095 steel and a fantastic buy IMHO if you are looking for a larger bladed knife. If you are buying from Knifekits.com, make sure you check the blade steel to ensure you aren't getting low end stuff. There are some ebay places that sell D2 blades that come wickedly sharp, and I own a few of them (more than a few). I can't verify that they are actually D2, but they seem to hold a decent edge even when they get accidentally dropped onto concrete.

There have also been some FANTASTIC real Kukri blades and complete Kukris that came out of the royal governmental warehouse. The sad thing about those is that they have gotten hard to find. The ones I got were late 1800s and some early 1900s blades (no handles). I gave a bunch away, which pains me now, but I'm sure the guys I gave them to have them in good homes.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The 1095 steel large blade is great, the reason the price is low is that these were blades that weren't completed into full knives before the company was sold. There was evidently a bulk sale of parts at some point, with pieces being bought off by other sellers who are reselling them. My blade was a little discolored from grease or oil or something, but aside from that was perfect. I have been kicking around the idea of putting on a different handle, but while this handle looks small, it locks in the hand pretty well.

Later on this summer I'll be shaping large blades from stock. I don't claim to have magic angle grinder skills, but I am both dumb and tenacious, and I don't care if I make mistakes as long as I learn from them. The worst that happens is that I send the blades out for heat treat, and I already have a place picked out in case I go that route.

Too bad you aren't closer, it would make for a fun afternoon project.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post

Here is one of those D2 blades that I wanted to make a little unique....

Stick

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The 1095 steel large blade is great, the reason the price is low is that these were blades that weren't completed into full knives before the company was sold. There was evidently a bulk sale of parts at some point, with pieces being bought off by other sellers who are reselling them. My blade was a little discolored from grease or oil or something, but aside from that was perfect. I have been kicking around the idea of putting on a different handle, but while this handle looks small, it locks in the hand pretty well.

Later on this summer I'll be shaping large blades from stock. I don't claim to have magic angle grinder skills, but I am both dumb and tenacious, and I don't care if I make mistakes as long as I learn from them. The worst that happens is that I send the blades out for heat treat, and I already have a place picked out in case I go that route.

Too bad you aren't closer, it would make for a fun afternoon project.
    That would be a cool afternoon for sure, although I'm dumb and lazy. It's not a great combo...
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    New to me F95T with a Vanax 37 blade.

Page 38 of 62 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast