Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The Vltor A5 System

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Please provide feedback on how they function with your setups. They are supposed to be a little stronger, so curious how that impacts the system.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Today I received two Geissele Super 42 rifle springs.

I look forward to testing them out. They work with standard rifle/A5 buffers unlike geissele carbine offering.
    I'm running the Geissele Super 42 rifle springs in two separate A5 setups, one is on a 10.3 and the other is on an 11.5, both are my favorite two rifles to shoot by far!
    You'll like the super 42's. It reminds me of a sewing machine. But the downside is I'm going through more ammo now. haha

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thorn653 View Post
    I'm running the Geissele Super 42 rifle springs in two separate A5 setups, one is on a 10.3 and the other is on an 11.5, both are my favorite two rifles to shoot by far!
    You'll like the super 42's. It reminds me of a sewing machine. But the downside is I'm going through more ammo now. haha
    Have you used other springs to compare to the Super 42? Sprinco Green? Any comparison you can offer?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    Have you used other springs to compare to the Super 42? Sprinco Green? Any comparison you can offer?
    No, just the super 42. I haven't had any issues whatsoever since I got them tuned to my liking.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Has anyone rolled their own A5 buffer weight?

I have extra carbine H1-H3 buffers and don't feel like spending $50+ to experiment with heavier A5 variants.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The individual weights are the same except for the spring loaded weight at the back, so go wild with it.

However, if a setup needs much more than A5H2, it may be over gassed and addressing that would be more beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post

I have extra carbine H1-H3 buffers and don't feel like spending $50+ to experiment with heavier A5 variants.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post

The A5 buffers use the same size weights, so as long as you have the A5 buffer you can put whatever weights you want in it.
    The last weight in the A5 buffer has a little hole to hold the spring in, but you can stick the spring in the rubber stopper and it holds in place just fine.
    If you click on the first picture in this thread, you can see what I'm talking about: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...tandard-buffer

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Today I received two Geissele Super 42 rifle springs.

I look forward to testing them out. They work with standard rifle/A5 buffers unlike geissele carbine offering.
    What were your results?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789