Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vltor A5 System

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    I can't believe you are back on the A5 train! What happened to the Super 42?
    I prefer a Sprinco Blue to it in carbine RE. I would gladly buy an A5 version of it to try though.
    Last edited by WS6; 11-18-16 at 16:35.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    Not to get too far off topic, but the Super 42 / H2 has been the bee knees on my Colt 14.5" with a carbine RE. No real quantifiable data, but it "feels" like a improvement over the Colt H buffer and carbine spring.
    Super 42/H2 buffer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dpNir_G_fQ

Vltor A5 A5H2 buffer/Sprinco Green:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uM2pPeLdOo

I prefer the A5 setup. Seems the gun moves less, and ejection is more consistent.
    Last edited by WS6; 11-18-16 at 16:35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Who's running these things in SR-15's?
    I do in a lot of SR-15s and others.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by abso View Post
    You sure you're using a Springco Green Spring? Those are rifle springs last time I checked. Isn't using a rifle length spring with non-rifle sized buffers a bad idea? Same goes with using a carbine length spring + A5 buffer.
    From Sprinco's website;

"GREEN Spring" In addition to use in 5.56 Fixed Stock Rifles, our “GREEN Spring” is just the ticket for use in the VLTOR A-5 Stock System using their appropriate weight buffer for maximum versatility in tuning almost any upper configuration, running both with or without a "can". Color Coded GREEN.
    If you don't believe me, read it there for yourself.
    http://www.sprinco.com/tactical.html
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You sure you're using a Springco Green Spring? Those are rifle springs last time I checked. Isn't using a rifle length spring with non-rifle sized buffers a bad idea? Same goes with using a carbine length spring + A5 buffer.
    The Vltor A5 uses rifle length springs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    From Sprinco's website;

If you don't believe me, read it there for yourself.
    http://www.sprinco.com/tactical.html
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
    The Vltor A5 uses rifle length springs
    Maybe I misread, thought he meant he wanted to use a standard H3 + Sprinco green.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Maybe I misread, thought he meant he wanted to use a standard H3 + Sprinco green.
    No. Vltor A5 and A5 H3. It works really well.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    So if you guys did it over again, would you pick an A5 system with the green sprinco spring or just a carbine length buffer tube with one of Slash's heavy buffers (or any heavy buffer)? Mid-length gas system I presume.

I would like to build a suppressed AR with a 16" barrel and mid-length gas system (using a Surefire SOCOM suppressor). The fact many have had issues with their set ups make me lean towards paying for the new Knights SR-15 with the Mod 2 gas system. Seems more optimized for suppressed use.

As an aside, my SCAR -17 runs suppressed quite well. Maybe the SCAR-16 would be a better platform, but I want both a SCAR 16 and AR set up to run a Surefire SOCOM can

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    So if you guys did it over again, would you pick an A5 system with the green sprinco spring or just a carbine length buffer tube with one of Slash's heavy buffers (or any heavy buffer)? Mid-length gas system I presume.

I would like to build a suppressed AR with a 16" barrel and mid-length gas system (using a Surefire SOCOM suppressor). The fact many have had issues with their set ups make me lean towards paying for the new Knights SR-15 with the Mod 2 gas system. Seems more optimized for suppressed use.

As an aside, my SCAR -17 runs suppressed quite well. Maybe the SCAR-16 would be a better platform, but I want both a SCAR 16 and AR set up to run a Surefire SOCOM can

Thanks
    I've never experienced any issues with any of my rifles with the A5 system. I also haven't really read about any meaningful disadvantages to the A5 system, only advantages. I don't run my rifles nearly as hard as a lot of people on this forum, so take this just as a minor datapoint.

I run suppressors on all of my builds.

Relevant specs:
    Build 1
    Sionics 11.5" reduced gas port + A5H3 + LMT-E carrier + Sprinco Green

Build 2 (waiting on the stamp)
    BCM 14.5" mid length + A5H2 + LMT-E carrier + standard rifle spring

Build 3
    Aero Precision 16" Mid Length + A5H1 + LMT-E carrier + Sprinco Green

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post

Thanks
    - Black River Tactical intermediate barrel
    - Magpul SR-25/M110 enhanced receiver extension
    - Vltor A5-3/A5-4 buffer for suppressed use, or A5-2/A5-1 for un-suppressed use
    - Pick up a GI rifle spring, and a Green Sprinco and use whichever feels better.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast