Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 308 issues

Feedback Score

308 issues

Long time lurker, finally made an account and am now a first time poster. Hoping you guys can help me out with an AR10 style platform.

I continue to have FTE issues, as seen here:

It does not happen with every round, but at least 1/6. Happens with various ammo, and various magazines.

I've adjusted the gas block until the bolt catches on an empty mag. I've even opened it up from there trying to sort it out with no luck.

Sent the entire rifle to the MFG and they said it fired with no issues and returned it. Of course I took it to range and the problem remained.

I have ordered a stonger extractor spring from BCM, so we will see how that goes. If that doesnt fix my issue, what else should I try?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

308 issues

I see "Black Rain Ordnance." Given this information I have a simple two step recommendation for a speedy and lasting resolution to your problems.

Step 1: Take it back to the dealer and demand a full refund, if that fails demand a full refund from the manufacturer.

Alternate Step 1: Take the rifle to a gun show (or trailer park) and walk around with one of those for sale flags sticking out of the barrel. You're best bet at a successful sale is going to be to someone most likely wearing copious amounts of Affliction, Ed Hardy or Tap Out; so know your potential clientele.

Step 2: Use funds to purchase an SR-25 or LMT MWS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mr. Goodtimes; 11-18-16 at 14:50.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How is your shooting style ?? Are you putting any kind of pressure on the magazine ? Also looks like you have a bolt catch B.A.D. lever on it. Are you hitting that by accident and/or is it binding ?

Feedback Score
    It's a type 3 malfunction. Short stroking. Gas issue . It's not extracting right

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I'm not familiar with Black Rain Ordnance, but I had a similar issue with my rifle. Switching to a heavier buffer (a XH rifle buffer from Heavybuffers.com, to be exact) fixed the FTE issues. My rifle now runs very well with every load I've tried, suppressed and I suppressed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would take your extractor apart and see if maybe they stuffed 2 o-rings on there. If they did, remove one or both and see if that helps. I would also try the XH buffer mentioned above.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I see "Black Rain Ordnance."
    I had the same initial reaction.

Feedback Score
    The phase 5 bolt release was recently installed. Same problem before, so thats not causing the issue.

No pressure on mag when firing. Either bipod or bag supported.

Ive tried various ammo, in magpul and dpms mags. Same problem with all.

I just installed the bcm upgraded extractor spring last night. There were actually two springs installed from BRO; a small diameter spring inside a larger spring. The larger spring was the same size as what came with the BCM kit. There was no o-ring originally.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    What does your ejection pattern look like when it is running? Can you post a picture of your bolt face showing the extractor and ejector set up?

Feedback Score
    Ive never paid too much attention to the ejection pattern, but collecting shells is usually done at ~4:30 from my shooting location.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast