Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 308 issues

Feedback Score
    The bolt has no markings other than BRO. Not sure if they make it or rebrand someone else's likewise for the barrel and gas block.

The stock extractor spring didnt create much force on the extractor. The bcm kit seems to really have increased it. Will find out Tuesday at the range.

If that doesnt do it, back to BRO or maybe they will send me a new BCG to try.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm going through the same issues right now, my home-brew AR308 is having FTE issues. I'm running the Heavy Buffers kit, but not the heavier one that is available now. I was shooting it this weekend and it was shooting MOA at 100yds but double feeding every other shot.

Looking forward to seeing what solves your issues.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc142 View Post
    How was he supposed to know that his rifle would get labeled as junk?
    Reading the forum while "lurking" that's how.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As I and other mentioned, I would start with the XH buffer and possibly a JP bolt. My issues were fixed with just the XH carbine buffer in a A5 buffer tube and Wolff spring.

On my Mega 308 I ended up later replacing the bolt with a JP Enhanced due to primer flow issues but it functioned fine with my Fulton/DPMS bolt.

Either way good luck, the AR-10/LR308 systems can definitely have a learning curve.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Reading the forum while "lurking" that's how.
    Yup. I've read every thread on this site. Especially those about a mfg and style of rifle that is new to me.

Enjoy the view from your internet high horse.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Can you get a weight on your buffer?

I'd probably buy an Armalite action spring to start with a known part.

Quote Originally Posted by veeref View Post
    My issues were fixed with just the XH carbine buffer in a A5 buffer tube and Wolff spring.
    He has a rifle buffer. But you are right that the carbine setup with mini buffer is a problem for those who have it.

Feedback Score
    Buffer is 5 & 3/8oz according to a non calibrated kitchen scale.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW, I think you may be on the right track with the BCM extractor spring kit you ordered. How stiff is the ejector spring by the way? Are you getting any ejector smearing on the back of your brass? Any pics of the backs of fired brass?

Also, for the sake of reliability, go ahead and open up the gas block one click past lock back on an empty mag.

One more thing: are you lubing the gun at all? It looks dry.
    Last edited by georgeib; 11-20-16 at 18:24.

Feedback Score
    No ejector smearing on the brass.

The gas block is open 1/4 turn beyond locking the bolt on an empty mag.

It is dry; i wiped it down to do the bcm spring install. Usually lube it with spray gun lube. Seen some folks recommend grease, but have never tried it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's an AR. In my experience, wet is good. Get a high quality lubricant (CLP doesn't qualify IMO), such as Slip 2000 EWL 30, or even a grease that you have handy. Use it on the bolt carrier rails and the sides of the gas key, and put a light coat on the bolt itself and the cam pin.

I'm a bit concerned that your ejector spring may be a hair on the weak side, hence no smearing on the cases... If the extractor spring upgrade doesn't solve it, I bet that the ejector spring will. Please let us know what happens.
    Last edited by georgeib; 11-20-16 at 18:53.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast