Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bolt action question

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All.Good options listed. I would go with Weatherby (Howa) Sub MOA model in 300 Win. That's a lot of gun for the money. If you can swing it go with the Nosler in 300 Win. Tikka is also a great option.

The good news is you are buying a hunting rifle during one of the best rifle revolutions in history. There are great rifles to be had from many manufacturers for less than $1,500.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

I'm biased. I run the Howa actions.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm biased. I run the Howa actions.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Rekkr, how do you like the grip on the HS3 chassis, specifically the web area between thumb and forefinger? Also, is there anyplace to put a thumbshelf/rest on the right side (how far out does the chassis frame stick out beyond the grip?).
    Last edited by tigershilone; 01-29-23 at 02:16.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tigershilone View Post
    Rekkr, how do you like the grip on the HS3 chassis, specifically the web area between thumb and forefinger? Also, is there anyplace to put a thumbshelf/rest on the right side (how far out does the chassis frame stick out beyond the grip?). This stock is high on my interested items list for the tikka.
    I honestly didn't take much thought into the grip due to the way I grip the rifle. I've never wrapped my hand around the entire grip, instead, I curl my pinky, ring finger, and middle finger on the right side of the grip, index on the trigger, and thumb facing forward on the right side. I apply the least amount of pressure to the gun with my hand when shooting distance. I believe I saw Todd Hodnett doing that a few years back and it greatly improved my accuracy.

I don't believe there is any way to place a thumbshelf on the rifle. The chassis tapers out about 1/4" inch. It's pretty thin.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkr870 View Post
    Yes, Weatherby actions are rebranded Howa actions.
    The Weatherby Vanguard is a Howa. The Mark V is not.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12