Thread: Wilson Combat X-Tac Elite Carry Comp

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Wilson Combat X-Tac Elite Carry Comp

First, apparently this is a new pistol from Wilson that I hadn't seen:

Second, does anyone have any experience with similar pistols (compact frame, 4" bbl) from Wilson, especially in 9mm?

Thinking about going down a bit of a Roland Special/Agency NOC road: Meaning a comped compact 9mm. I'm not looking at a Commander sized gun simply because the grip is the same length as my full-size 1911 and once I'm going down that road, there's no sense in lopping off 3/4" of barrel. That and a good 1911 in 9mm might be enough for me to get out of my 45 ammunition and sell my full-size 1911 to partially off-set the cost of the pistol. That and I found out that I can conceal my full-size 1911 in a Milt Sparks VM2 as well as I conceal a Glock 43 in a G-code Incog.

(I would specifically be looking at a railed, lightweight frame in this pistol.)

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 11-20-16 at 14:44.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Tagging for interest. I have been particularly interested in a LW Compact 38 Super for a while, and this is pretty close to it.

Feedback Score
    My guess is that these will be well-built, wonderful pistols, though I never liked the idea of a comp/porting on a carry gun due to issues if fired from a close-guard position.

Other than that, if it trips your trigger (no pun intended), I say go for it.

A final word: comps work better the higher the pressure, so I'd be looking at 115/125 +P or +P+ 9mm's. If you like 147grn 9mm, you are probably better off with the length being taken up by pure barrel rather than barrel + comp, IMHO.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    My current carry load is the Hornady 135-grain +P Critical Duty. Further, it seems like plenty of guys with lots of real world experience are running Roland Specials (and variations on the Roland Special) in the real world with no complaints about the comp during retention shooting. So the comp really isn't a concern for me.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    My current carry load is the Hornady 135-grain +P Critical Duty. Further, it seems like plenty of guys with lots of real world experience are running Roland Specials (and variations on the Roland Special) in the real world with no complaints about the comp during retention shooting. So the comp really isn't a concern for me.
    This is what I run in my carry gun. Also I wish I had the coin for a Wilson Combat.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bear13 View Post
    This is what I run in my carry gun. Also I wish I had the coin for a Wilson Combat.
    Can't advise them.

They'll ruin other "lesser" 1911s for you.
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    I've been carrying a Compact Xtac 9mm for the past 3 months. I have a little over 1500 rounds through it with no issues. I also carry the 135 +P PDX's, it dies amazing things with this round. Mine does t have the Comp and I'm not sure it's needed in 9mm, the weight of the pistol soaks up recoil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk