Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Vortex's new Holographic Sight Razor AMG UH-1

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bump. I think Outlander Systems is still running one of these. Anyone else? Cost aside, is this a better option than an EOtech?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I can like the window and sight picture of my UH1 more than the Eotech. I was planning on getting an XPS but went with the Vortex after comparing them side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Vortex's new Holographic Sight Razor AMG UH-1

I am still using mine. It has a problem, though I think it is a design flaw. The optic is held to the base with springs. I can move the optic by pushing up on the housing (not the base). This causes the reticle to move, but presumably return to zero. Am I the only one who has noticed it? Is it defective? I know I certainly get better groups with irons than I get with the optic.

Last edited by Kyohte; 07-15-19 at 21:29.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I am. I haven’t offloaded my EOTech, but if it ever goes down it will be replaced with another UH-1.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Bump. I think Outlander Systems is still running one of these. Anyone else? Cost aside, is this a better option than an EOtech?
    No, that’s definitely not normal.

https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/c...quest_form.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post
    I am still using mine. It has a problem, though I think it is a design flaw. The optic is held to the base with springs. I can move the optic by pushing up on the housing (not the base). This causes the reticle to move, but presumably return to zero. Am I the only one who has noticed it? Is it defective? I know I certainly get better groups with irons than I get with the optic.

Feedback Score
    @VortexOptics: Any insight on if there will be an updated version with NV compatibility or motion-activated wake-up any time soon?

Feedback Score
    I wish these things took AA or AAA batteries.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riight112 View Post
    @VortexOptics: Any insight on if there will be an updated version with NV compatibility or motion-activated wake-up any time soon?
    The motion activated wakeup might be a patent. I was looking into it for more information as to why more optics do not have it.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    ive been running one for about a year and love it.I personally think the larger window on the huey is what really sets it apart from the eotech. Instead of using a second outer case to cover the optic the huey just has a huge fov.

Feedback Score
    Thought we got back to a few of these questions already but it appears not.

1) If a user notices that pressure put on the side of the sight can cause it to "Flex" on top of its base that clamps to the rail, this is completely normal. Elevation is adjusted internally on this sight, but windage is adjusted externally quite literally but the entire sight moving atop that base. If you put pressure on it enough that it causes "flex", it will return to zero no problem at all and is not a defect. It is actually quite a reliable and sturdy way of adjusting and maintaining the windage zero.

2) Shake awake isn't really an option on sights like this because holo's have such a short battery life in comparison to red dots. Sure, the UH-1 has about double the battery life of the others out there, but it's still only at about 1500-1600 hours on the medium brightness setting. If it had motion activation and was turning on in the back of cop cars or in other situations on duty weapons, the battery would drain quite quickly. Even if it wasn't being turned on and was just sitting in a safe, it would be another chore that the sight always needs to be completing even when it is turned off (It always has to be sensing itself) so the battery life would still diminish.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just got a Huey. First impressions are nothing but positive. Glass is very clear and no refraction or distortion. Zero parallax that I can detect. Brightness is more than adequate, I find myself using 11 of 15 for bright outdoor settings, and 8 or 9 for everything else. Windage and elevation clicks are tactile and audible. I actually like the reticle more than an eotech. It is more open and doesnt obscure the target as much at distance.

The only small con is a very slight blue tint. Its only visible in low light. Outdoors the tint doesn't show up at all. The videos I watched online made the tint appear much worse than it is. A non-factor for me.

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast