Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex's new Holographic Sight Razor AMG UH-1

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexSam View Post
    It doesn't take up any more rail space than an EXPS3. In fact, when I hold an EXPS3 up next to the UH-1 they are basically the same size. The only thing that I think makes it seem larger is the fact that the top portion of the sight, where the windows are, is the full length of the base, where the EOTech has a shorter window section that doesn't extend the full length of the base.

The UH-1 is actually narrower than the EOTech because the top portion of the housing is the protective shroud and it doesn't need the additional shroud around it.

I really think people need to wait until more pictures are released, or see it in person.
    Almost exactly what I have been saying to everyone that is nit-picking a product no one outside of Vortex or higher up in the industry has even got to glance at yet.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can't wait for this optic, I was a huge eotech fan, but I had one "loose purging" on me so I had it fixed and then sold it. Look forward to trying out this new holographic sight. People are going overboard about the weight, it's about the same as Aimpoint Pro, suck it up, soldiers have been "lugging" Comp M4's for a long time.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrown3 View Post
    I can't wait for this optic, I was a huge eotech fan, but I had one "loose purging" on me so I had it fixed and then sold it. Look forward to trying out this new holographic sight. People are going overboard about the weight, it's about the same as Aimpoint Pro, suck it up, soldiers have been "lugging" Comp M4's for a long time.
    Yes, and I lugged an ACOG around for a long time. However, I was merely expressing my disappointment with it's size/weight. I was hoping with Vortex's new technology as well well as lessons from the old tech, that size/weight would be smaller. I'm not knocking Vortex as I mostly exclusively use their optics. I just hoped it would have less of a footprint or different co-witness heights like all of their other red dots. I was excited, followed closely, and when specs were revealed expressed why I was no longer interested. Again, not at all bashing them or their product as I'm a huge fan in general.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Oh, one more question, is there an included rechargeable battery with the sight, or can any old 16340 work for the sight? I am flush with 16340's and need something to stick them in! A 16340 sight that stayed on all the time... Whew, I think I need that in my life, and I just fell in love with my MRO too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Oh, one more question, is there an included rechargeable battery with the sight, or can any old 16340 work for the sight? I am flush with 16340's and need something to stick them in! A 16340 sight that stayed on all the time... Whew, I think I need that in my life, and I just fell in love with my MRO too.
    We are not including a rechargeable battery with the sight, but we are including a standard CR123A.

One thing to keep note of is that if you choose to use a rechargeable battery, use an LFP123A not an RCR123A.

In our testing RCR123A's only lasted about 200-300 rounds before the recoil killed them. When we tested LFP123As we quit testing at 10,000 rounds and they were still working.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    We are not including a rechargeable battery with the sight, but we are including a standard CR123A.

One thing to keep note of is that if you choose to use a rechargeable battery, use an LFP123A not an RCR123A.

In our testing RCR123A's only lasted about 200-300 rounds before the recoil killed them. When we tested LFP123As we quit testing at 10,000 rounds and they were still working.
    Any specific brand you would recommend or any LFP? Protected or non protected? You might want to post a link for non-batrery officinados or those that have a ton of 16340's like me.
    Last edited by nimdabew; 12-16-16 at 08:10.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Any specific brand you would recommend or any LFP?
    As far as I know any LFP should work, but what we tested were K2 I believe.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    As far as I know any LFP should work, but what we tested were K2 I believe.
    Sounds good. I will have to crunch numbers, but if the cell cycle is around 1000 hours, then we could get away with charging the battery once a month and leaving it on all the time! Very excited.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Double tap

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Disappointing. I don' think I'll be picking one of these up for the following (in order of importance):
    1. Weight is 11.8oz. Thats 3/4lb, or for perspective...It weighs MORE than an Aimpoint Pro and as much as 3 MRO's.
    2. Only available in lower 1/3rd cowitness. I prefer absolute, but regardless its so tall an absolute would be nice.
    3. Size, its the longest and bulkiest of all red dots (excluding those with 30mm tubes).
    4. Still no update on battery life

1. it is not a red dot
    2. in the minority here
    3. it is not a red dot
    4. it is not a red dot.

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast