Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex's new Holographic Sight Razor AMG UH-1

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VortexSam View Post
    We are not including a rechargeable battery with the sight, but we are including a standard CR123A.

One thing to keep note of is that if you choose to use a rechargeable battery, use an LFP123A not an RCR123A.

In our testing RCR123A's only lasted about 200-300 rounds before the recoil killed them. When we tested LFP123As we quit testing at 10,000 rounds and they were still working.
    So the issues seen with the eotech design and forces exerted on the batteries causing issues are present in the amg?
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    So the issues seen with the eotech design and forces exerted on the batteries causing issues are present in the amg?
    The batteries load in the side of the sight and I know that RCR123A's do not to well with recoil, period. Especially so when sideways. However, the batteries are held in perfectly secure in the sight, so it's not like they are rattling around or anything, causing them to break.

I really think the main issue is just with those batteries not being very resistant to recoil. Regular CR123A's and LFP123A's work just fine without issue.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Most RCR123's aren't just the cell itself, but a collection of small cells and a circuit board all wrapped up in a CR123 sized tube. They also vary in build quality, max amperage delivered, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    We have finished battery life testing and I have the final specifications now.

Using a 1500mAh CR123A the battery life is approximately 1500hrs. We used an equivalent brightness setting that competing sights use for their battery life specifications.

The rechargeable LFP123A batteries are lower capacity (600mAH), so battery life will be shorter. Approximately 600 hours.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Using a 1500mAh CR123A the battery life is approximately 1500hrs. We used an equivalent brightness setting that competing sights use for their battery life specifications.

The rechargeable LFP123A batteries are lower capacity (600mAH), so battery life will be shorter. Approximately 600 hours.
    Those are excellent numbers I think.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Nice battery life. Bummer it doesn't have a quicker sleep mode and motion sensor activation.

Feedback Score

What brightness setting?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FWJK View Post
    What brightness setting?
    8 of 15. My understanding is EOTech uses 12 of 20 for their battery life specs.

Our 8 is what their 12 is.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Those are excellent numbers I think.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Hopefully the pic works. Looks big on the rail. Might not be that big of a deal unless you can't fit a magnifier behind it.

Last edited by nimdabew; 12-25-16 at 13:19.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast