Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex's new Holographic Sight Razor AMG UH-1

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    [Redacted Previous Version Due to Ball-Busting Over Insufficient Data]

Picked up a Vortex. Obvious comparisons to an EOTech are obvious.

Everything about the UH-1 is well put together.

>be Vortex Razor UH-1
    >have footprint that is slightly smaller than an EXPS, due to a cantilevered section in the front
    >have glass with no distortion or discoloration
    >have reticle that is slightly more crisp than the EOTech
    >have ability to direct-connect a micro USB for using with a charger
    >have mount is easily adjusted and secures to a rail
    >appear to have no discernible parallax shift
    >have continuous metal hood running the span of body
    >have adjustment buttons with more positive tactile response in comparison with the EXPS
    >have 21st century cyberpunk aesthetic
    >have literal bulletproof warranty vs EOTech's "lulz, send it in and we can give you a coupon code for your next purchase"

The Chad Vortex vs The Virgin EOTech
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 01-03-19 at 11:59.

Feedback Score
    My UH1 has rode on my patrol rifle about 8 months and been banged around a bit. I've shot around 1k rounds with it mounted and experienced no issues as far as durability, loss of zero, etc.

My only complaint is with the number of brightness settings. I think if it had more it would be great. I work night shift and as such, noticed when it's set just right for a dark outdoors setting it's too dim inside a well lit building. When having it set bright enough for indoors it ends up being too bright and blooms outside.

It's probably not a real issue though, since simply pressing the "+" button a few times before going in takes care of it.

Overall I'm happy with it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARDeputy View Post
    My UH1 has rode on my patrol rifle about 8 months and been banged around a bit. I've shot around 1k rounds with it mounted and experienced no issues as far as durability, loss of zero, etc.

My only complaint is with the number of brightness settings. I think if it had more it would be great. I work night shift and as such, noticed when it's set just right for a dark outdoors setting it's too dim inside a well lit building. When having it set bright enough for indoors it ends up being too bright and blooms outside.

It's probably not a real issue though, since simply pressing the "+" button a few times before going in takes care of it.

Overall I'm happy with it.
    Doesn't it already have 15 brightness modes? That seems like kind of a lot when I compare it to other optics in the same segment that tend to have 10 or less.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Doesn't it already have 15 brightness modes? That seems like kind of a lot when I compare it to other optics in the same segment that tend to have 10 or less.
    15 is a fair amount. It just seems like the reticle blooms in the conditions I mentioned. Or, for example, when it's bright outside and the reticle is adjusted to that condition, it blooms like crazy if you don't lower it before entering a house. My experience with optics is mostly limited to the UH1. Maybe EOTech is better in this regard?

Feedback Score
    I would be curious to see you compare this to a T2. see if it blooms as easily.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Sorry, I don't own a T2 or any other optics for that matter.

Feedback Score
    maybe someone else with both could make a comparison.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Any red dot, holographic sight or even illuminated riflescope for that matter are going to suffer from blooming or reticle degradation from illumination that is too high for the ambient light. Going from bright outdoors to relatively more dimly lit indoors with a mega bright reticle setting is going to be an issue with anything out there. It definitely sounds like you've had a fair amount of mileage on that UH-1 already, but over time you may develop a happy medium brightness setting that works for 90% of the situations. Generally speaking, we like to keep it on the relatively dim side of the spectrum when in super bright outdoors conditions, knowing that we can still use the reticle and then it will still be usable when we transition indoors (We have an indoor range here). If our time was spent solely outdoors, we'd probably increase the brightness slightly or vise versa if we were constantly indoors in relatively lower light situations.

Feedback Score
    Ordering mine soon. Can’t wsit to get it.

Feedback Score
    I will have one shortly.

I have been using Aimpoint since my 1000 in the 1980s.
    In addition to issue ones, I have a handful of PROs and a micro.

I had issue Eotech and a personal 552.

I look forward to comparing it.

Say what you will, I like using an Eotech over an Aimpoint.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast