Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex's new Holographic Sight Razor AMG UH-1

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    You’ll like the UH-1. I personally like the reticle better than EOTech’s and it’s slightly more crisp. As well, despite not having the opportunity to wear it out yet, it seems better constructed than any of the other options on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    I will have one shortly.

I have been using Aimpoint since my 1000 in the 1980s.
    In addition to issue ones, I have a handful of PROs and a micro.

I had issue Eotech and a personal 552.

I look forward to comparing it.

Say what you will, I like using an Eotech over an Aimpoint.

Feedback Score
    Just picked one up, and I am really enjoying it.

Feedback Score
    Just adding another datapoint to the thread...

Got both, Eotech exps3-0 and vortex uh-1this week to compare. After dry firing with both optics side by side, the Eotech is going back and the vortex is staying.

The vortex reticle feels more open and I like the triangle for close range shots. I prefer accessing the buttons on the rear and they are larger, however I would probably get used to the Eotech placement with training. The uh1’s construction seems higher quality, and the shroudless design gives a better field of view. Both mounts work equally well.

Feedback Score
    I wonder why they went with holographic instead of just a nice red dot. Reticle flexibility? Wonder how bad the battery life will be, and hopefully Vortex did their homework and chose better materials than EOTech did.

Feedback Score
    So now it's almost the middle of 2019. Are any/all the bugs worked out? I read that Vortex said it's normal, but has the fading reticle on the left and bottom changed in any way? What's the general consensus for placing this on a battle rifle?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Buy with confidence, amigo. I won’t be buying anymore EOTechs from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by andygold View Post
    So now it's almost the middle of 2019. Are any/all the bugs worked out? I read that Vortex said it's normal, but has the fading reticle on the left and bottom changed in any way? What's the general consensus for placing this on a battle rifle?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by andygold View Post
    Mine still has the reticle dissappearing, but it’s never actually made a difference. Even with the vanishing, it is still more open than say an aimpoint micro. Overall very pleased with mine.

Feedback Score
    Loving mine. Yeah the “clipping” of the reticle does exist, but I have not seen it actually impact my use of the optic. I’ve shot in some awkward positions, but it hasn’t been a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Still good to go for me. Been using lfp rechargable for about 9 months, no issues. Plenty of shooting through vtac barricades and other wierd shooting positions, zero issues related to optic. Issues related to the monkey behind the trigger is another story...
    Edit for time using rechargable battery.
    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stank; 04-08-19 at 14:17.

Feedback Score
    EoTechs have an issue with batteries discharging even if the sight is in the off position (circuitry remains active. Only the laser emitter is actually off). Does the UH-1 have a similar issue where even if left in the off position, it will kill it's batteries. I realize batteries will self -discharge over time on their own, but does the circuitry in the Vortex hasten that discharge even when off?

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast