Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex's new Holographic Sight Razor AMG UH-1

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one of these coming in in about a month. I'll write up a detailed review when it's in

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Anyone by chance know if the sight window is about the same size as the Hartman MH1?

I also wonder if that is where they got the idea about the USB cable input.

I really want a holographic sight but refuse to go with EOTech due to the stuff they pulled (or covered up) in the past.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I hate complex reticles on a RDS. Eotech never worked well for me, always preferred AP. That said, I get that a lot of people are the opposite of me, there.

I think it would have been really neat if instead of USB port, a solar panel was used. Gimmick-ish? Well so is a damn USB port. The solar panel would just be a "passive".

Regardless, I think this will be a hit. Vortex has put out some real quality gear in its price-point in the last few years.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I hate complex reticles on a RDS. Eotech never worked well for me, always preferred AP. That said, I get that a lot of people are the opposite of me, there.

I think it would have been really neat if instead of USB port, a solar panel was used. Gimmick-ish? Well so is a damn USB port. The solar panel would just be a "passive".

Regardless, I think this will be a hit. Vortex has put out some real quality gear in its price-point in the last few years.

I think Vortex has chomped up quite a bit of the market, especially in the last few years. I'm not sure a panel would work anywhere near as well with the holographic style optics due to increased power usage. If this optic hits the mark, the rest of the industry is going to have to really take notice. On another board people were crying about the price saying it should be under $200, then they would buy one. Thankfully Vortex has NOT gone after bottom feeders with this optic, as the market is ready for something better.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Be interesting in the gun room to have the sight always plugged in so that it is always fully charged, or would that be bad for batteries.
    Lithium ion prefer to be fully charged as much as possible. While there is some damage caused by over charging, modern electronics feature auto shut off and trickle charge. Leaving a dead lithium sit over night is worse than leaving it plugged in for a month, no doubt.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Excited to see one. I too am glad vortex is adding to their premium products line. Low quality optics drive me nuts....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    More photos released.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hayseed; 12-01-16 at 06:21.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Thanks for posting the new pics. That chevron looks like it will be handy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This sight looks very promising, any ETA on a release date?

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast