Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Psilocybin Mushrooms and depression

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prdubi View Post
    I had spiritual conversations with people I know that died.

SEAL Team the CBS show on Paramount showed it..but the basis was my survivor's guilt was a days long conversation in a controlled environment designed for my safety.
    The testing standards for it was long and it was tons of blood, MRI ,.audiology and many other exams that took about 6 months. It was almost a weekly attendance but I was given a visa card and each visit , I got 75 bucks for my troubles as I live about 40 miles away and it was quite a commute.

I can't explain it all very well but it felt like all of fears, anxieties and all of the complexities of my own experience kinda washed away.

You recreate the incidents easily like it is real and then during that time ...I felt better after the trip.

The medication was in water and I was given it to mix.

There was a shit ton of paperwork and medical release I had to sign also before the day.

I was also asked to each a normal meal and something simple.

I can't explain it...but the best way is like in my mind..I was given the opportunity to feel comfortable with my choices and learning to live with it.

It felt like multiple conversations with myself that was asked and answered.

Your brain knows how to fix itself if all of its inhibitions was taken care of.

I felt it worked....

I have heard others had a bad trip and they had to be sedated but overall, I would do it again.

I don't like visiting the OHSU and I really didn't like visiting their main clinical trials facility. Sometimes they drew my blood and then forgotten about it and then drew my blood again to days later.

Also, other patients are there for other reasons including many many children.

But I wanted to try something new for my trauma and injuries and it seemed to have worked well.

Tldr....it felt like closing a chapter in my life and having to accept it with no issues.
    That's how it felt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Great intel, thanx. Glad to hear it helped.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    One of these days... These are on my list once my kid is out of the house.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'd give my left nut if I could get my dad to drop some damn mushrooms. He is pushing 80 years old, USMC Vietnam grunt and that ****ing war has been living in his head too long.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I'd give my left nut if I could get my dad to drop some damn mushrooms. He is pushing 80 years old, USMC Vietnam grunt and that ****ing war has been living in his head too long.
    Shown him the VA and FDA supportive and other vets getting benefits? Offer to do it with him and or find a professional who can assist?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My dad had huge issues with PTSD and being wounded in Vietnam. Finally got him to go to the VA and get some help. Therapy made such a huge difference (and some medication). He’s a much easier person to be around. Heck, he even got married after being single for the last 40 years.

Sent from inner space

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That's because Doernbechers is right there.
    Your not getting the gist of what I was saying.

I felt bad and pretty guilty as sin being there when there are children with serious diseases and are undergoing chemo and other treatments for far serious issues than my little mental head issues. I felt bad because of that.

I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

I felt bad and pretty guilty as sin being there when there are children with serious diseases and are undergoing chemo and other treatments for far serious issues than my little mental head issues. I felt bad because of that.

I get that, I was just saying that is why they are a bunch of kids there.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

That is because you are the type of person who puts the concern of others above your own. What your not seeing is without you and the sacrifices made by men and women like you, make this country a place where children can receive the proper care regardless.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    While this series explores various vs the OP topic, made sense to post this here. No matter what you think you know about that topic, and or positions you may hold as to medical value, you will learn something, will likley have a new appreciation, and or change of mind (hence the title....) on that topic. If you have NF, you owe to you yourself to view that one. A review:

‘How To Change Your Mind’ On Netflix, Where Michael Pollan Examines The Consciousness-Expanding Potential Of Psychedelics
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Peterson on "The Mystical Experience Produced by Psilocybin"

- Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345