Quote Originally Posted by prdubi View Post
I had spiritual conversations with people I know that died.

SEAL Team the CBS show on Paramount showed it..but the basis was my survivor's guilt was a days long conversation in a controlled environment designed for my safety.
The testing standards for it was long and it was tons of blood, MRI ,.audiology and many other exams that took about 6 months. It was almost a weekly attendance but I was given a visa card and each visit , I got 75 bucks for my troubles as I live about 40 miles away and it was quite a commute.

I can't explain it all very well but it felt like all of fears, anxieties and all of the complexities of my own experience kinda washed away.

You recreate the incidents easily like it is real and then during that time ...I felt better after the trip.

The medication was in water and I was given it to mix.

There was a shit ton of paperwork and medical release I had to sign also before the day.

I was also asked to each a normal meal and something simple.

I can't explain it...but the best way is like in my mind..I was given the opportunity to feel comfortable with my choices and learning to live with it.

It felt like multiple conversations with myself that was asked and answered.

Your brain knows how to fix itself if all of its inhibitions was taken care of.

I felt it worked....

I have heard others had a bad trip and they had to be sedated but overall, I would do it again.

I don't like visiting the OHSU and I really didn't like visiting their main clinical trials facility. Sometimes they drew my blood and then forgotten about it and then drew my blood again to days later.

Also, other patients are there for other reasons including many many children.

But I wanted to try something new for my trauma and injuries and it seemed to have worked well.

Tldr....it felt like closing a chapter in my life and having to accept it with no issues.
That's how it felt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Great intel, thanx. Glad to hear it helped.