Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assembly issue, trigger sits too high?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Quite the opposite. If the hammer was forward the obstruction was even worse.
    +1
    Been there,done that already...did not work.
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Armed Protective Services II

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridge_Runner_5 View Post
    What you did wrong was you didnt trip the hammer...if the hammer is fired, then the disconnector lowers and clears a way for the hammer...
    Nope, the trigger was just interfering with the selector. I saw this first hand last night and we spent quite a bit of time moving things around and puzzling over it because my lower parts kit from G&R didn't have the same issue. IIRC my RRA kit didn't do this either. I wonder if this reflects a change in parts sources in the RRA stuff?

Feedback Score
    I ran into this same issue with a RRA LPK going in a Stag lower. So is the consensus that the trigger is at fault, not the lower?

I did not have the same issue with a G&R LPK going in a CDD lower.
    Just one of the Shepherd's sheepdogs. Joshua 24:15

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I see this all the time with a wide range of LPK. You just have to install the selector first and then the trigger.

Glad you got everything worked out.

C4

This is the correct answer.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    I just had this happen to me when putting a set of Stag parts into a Stag lower receiver. I wasn't prepared for it because I hadn't read about it in any of the online guides I'd dug up, but it was a simple matter to reverse the build order.

The reason I'm posting is that it occurred to me that a parts set with this interference is actually "better" in that it means the trigger travels a slightly shorter distance after releasing the hammer. IMHO that's always a plus for accuracy. You can make the back of the trigger slightly lower, and this makes assembly order unimportant, but that means the back of the trigger is going to have to move farther before stopping on the selector. Since the parts and lower receiver I just put together are both from the same shop, it makes since to me that this "problem" might actually be intentional.

I'm a total novice and will gladly stand corrected. It was just a thought I had that makes sense to me.

Feedback Score
    It also means that there is less play in the mechanism when the selector is set to SAFE and you pull the trigger. Another plus, IMHO. Set me straight here too if I'm not thinking correctly.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    This is the correct answer.
    I had a DDM4 that did this when I was installing Colt parts into it (Long story. The DD parts went in fine). When installing the selector first, I still couldn't get the trigger in. I know the Colt parts were fine because I'd just removed them from an LMT lower. Something out of spec with that DD lower.

The DDM4 is on it's way back to DD.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Make sure the grip screw is not too long and contacting the bottom of the trigger if you have this problem.

It could make your trigger unsafe.
    Last edited by Todd.K; 09-03-09 at 11:05.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Make sure the grip screw is not too long and contacting the bottom of the trigger if you have this problem.

It could make your trigger unsafe.
    Is there a way of testing this without taking the whole thing apart again?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some LPK's come with a longer than normal grip screw that will work with the A2 grip but is too long for some aftermarket grips. If you use the screw that came with your grip you should not have a problem.

There could also be a burr or something else under the rear of the trigger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12