Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to buy 5 suppressors at once, help me pick.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I want to buy 5 suppressors at once, help me pick.

Hello,

I currently live in a non-nfa state, I have second home in an NFA state. I want to move there and buy 5 suppressors. I would like to buy all 5 at once as eventually I may have to move back to my non NFA state. These items will continue to live at my second home.

At this point in my life I can do this, I own my own business I can be away from and my wife is not currently working. In a couple years I will not be able to live at my second home for a an extended period so I have to do this now.

I want a

.22lr silencer, mostly for a Walther p22.
    Looking for some thing small quiet and cleanable.

9mm silencer. Will be used on glocks.
    Quality, weight and noise reduction are most important.

.45 ACP silencer.
    I have a MK23, I want the proper KAC suppressor here. I currently have no other .45 acp firearms to silence.

5.56 silencer
    This will likely live on a 11.5" upper. I could go dedicated and direct thread here.
    I want in this order Durability, low weight, sound reduction, short. Again this could be thread on and left here.

30 cal. silencer
    This one could get mounted on a SCAR 17s from time to time. Mostly I want it for 300 black out. It does not need to handle 300 winmag and the like. This has to be quick detach. I want to use this on my other 5.56 rifles too, especially if I go direct thread on the 5.56 silencer.
    Ultimately its for 300 blk out subsonic, so I want it to be super quiet with that round. Smaller the better with out compromising sound suppression.

I will own these all for life (obviously) and likely wont buy anymore ever again. Price is not so much an issue here, cheaper is always nicer, but I don't have a budget.

It has to actually be available, or at least commonly so. If I can't actually buy it its of no use to me.

I'm a big 'buy once cry once' guy. I want top of the line. Very durable, no corners cut.

Size and weight make a difference to me, but not at the cost of durability.

Thanks for the help.

UPDATE: Post copied from page 4
    I forgot I started this thread until recently, so I dug it up to give a little update.

I moved forward and ended with not 5, but 6 suppressors and 2 SBRs.

Q El Camino for a .22LR silencer. It seemed simple, quiet and durable.
    AAC Ti-Rant 9m for a 9mm silencer. All around seemed like the best choice to me.
    AAC TiRant 45m for a 45Cal silencer for all the same reasons.

Surefire 556-RC2 for a 5.56mm can. Good enough for SOCOM, good enough for me. More to it than that on my decision, but basically yeah.

Q Trash Panda
    AAC SDN-6
    Two different cans for the same caliber's and for the most part usage. Both were designed under the same direction of Kevin B, at different times at different companies. They are total opposites. One is heavy and all inconel, one is light short fat and titanium. I think the AAC is technically much more durable. They are the most versatile of what I got. The Q Trash panda will end up mostly for 300 BLK subs and any precision bolt gun. The AAC SDN-6 will used mostly my B&T APC223 VSBR and my SCAR17s and HK91 clones, it will obviously see 300blk use as well.

Incidentally and not on purpose, 5 of the 6 cans I went with were created under Kevin B.

I was originally going to form 1 a few of my lowers, end of the day after doing the form 4 for my cans through Silencer shop I decided I wanted factory SBRs, due to ease of purchase and form 4 through silencer shop and not having to do engraving.

For the rifles I went with a Colt 6933, for all the obvious reasons. I really don't care on factory configurations, I'll rebuild it. I wanted a Factory SBR colt lower. This is ho you do it. It was 1100$ which seemed fair to me.

I wanted a second SBR too, the second one I found was a smoking deal on an AAC MPW. Its a 300BLK rifle with a Geiselle trigger and Knights URX 3.1 rail, the barrel is 12.5" and equipped with an AAC black out mount for my SDN-6. There was also some fancy coated BCG in it. ALL Magpul furniture. It was 865$, the rail, trigger and flash hider cost that much. Like I said smoking deal and a very nice match to AAC SDN-6. Yes I know its basically a Bushmaster, that said I had previously purchased an AAC upper and it was the nicest factory assembled upper I ever had from a fit and finish perspective, shot well too, maybe AAC gets to spec things different? And again 865$, and I mostly only care about the lower.

All checks for cans cleared 7/29 and the checks for the two rifles 9/19. I'm hoping I'm half way through my wait on the cans. I got to shoot the two AAC Ti-Rants while at my dealer. Two big things struck me, the (mm did not sound quieter than the 45 and when I took the 3 last baffles off the 45m and made it smaller and shot it and decided the"M" aspect is worthless and I'd never shoot it less than full length. I didn't even bother trying the 9mm in its short config. 9mm was my Glock 17 host, 45 was amy H&K Mark23.

I'm looking forward to spring and all my new toys coming home.

ETA: Part of my choice of silencers were all 6 were available from silencer shop at the same time. I'd been watching their stock over time, after I saw all available at once I pulled the trigger. The Surefire was the one that was in stock the most infrequently.
    Last edited by TMS951; 11-15-18 at 10:41.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Hello,

I currently live in a non-nfa state, I have second home in an NFA state. I want to move there and buy 5 suppressors. I would like to buy all 5 at once as eventually I may have to move back to my non NFA state. These items will continue to live at my second home.

At this point in my life I can do this, I own my own business I can be away from and my wife is not currently working. In a couple years I will not be able to live at my second home for a an extended period so I have to do this now.

I want a

.22lr silencer, mostly for a Walther p22.
    Looking for some thing small quiet and cleanable.

9mm silencer. Will be used on glocks.
    Quality, weight and noise reduction are most important.

.45 ACP silencer.
    I have a MK23, I want the proper KAC suppressor here. I currently have no other .45 acp firearms to silence.

5.56 silencer
    This will likely live on a 11.5" upper. I could go dedicated and direct thread here.
    I want in this order Durability, low weight, sound reduction, short. Again this could be thread on and left here.

30 cal. silencer
    This one could get mounted on a SCAR 17s from time to time. Mostly I want it for 300 black out. It does not need to handle 300 winmag and the like. This has to be quick detach. I want to use this on my other 5.56 rifles too, especially if I go direct thread on the 5.56 silencer.
    Ultimately its for 300 blk out subsonic, so I want it to be super quiet with that round. Smaller the better with out compromising sound suppression.

I will own these all for life (obviously) and likely wont buy anymore ever again. Price is not so much an issue here, cheaper is always nicer, but I don't have a budget.

It has to actually be available, or at least commonly so. If I can't actually buy it its of no use to me.

I'm a big 'buy once cry once' guy. I want top of the line. Very durable, no corners cut.

Size and weight make a difference to me, but not at the cost of durability.

Thanks for the help.
    I will jump in and give you my advice.

I do not own a .22 can so I will stay away from that.

9mm... my personal choice is the Osprey 9. But there are many good 9mm cans out there. I prefer it over my AAC Ti-rant 9.

5.56 I would buy a surefire RC. No BS end caps, removable parts, etc.. Proven, and IMO is the best choice for your 11.5. Along with justification below..

7.62 in your case I would buy a Surefire 300SPS, because you were an educated buyer and bought a 5.56 Surefire RC above. It will also mount to your 5.56 rifles (Like you requested) without changing any muzzle devices around, and a good choice for your SCAR. And even a better choice for your 300 blk.

I'm sure others will start throwing out the omega, and other cans, but if you really want a good 5.56 can and have the ability to run your .30 on your other ARs, and suppression for 300blk is your main priority for the .30, I cant see you buying anything other then surefires for the 5.56 and .30 rifles.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    You forgot something's to consider for suppressors - first round pop, if that matters to you, and POI change. Surefire is known to be one of the best for the latter, not sure about the former.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Lightweight and durable rarely go hand in hand. Since price is no object and since you prioritized durability over weight I would probably recommend the Surefire 556-RC2 or the KAC 5.56 QDC for your 5.56 can. As to my personal preferences, I stay clear of direct thread on 5.56mm SBRs. I don't trust them to not back off during mag dumps and they're far too hot to "check" after just a few rounds. Also if you like mag dumps and hate cleaning then almost every QD can is a dedicated can on a 5.56mm SBR lol.

As to the 9mm can, there are lots of good ones. After all my homework and checking things out at silencer shoots I ended up going with the SiCo Octane9 HD and have zero regrets. Sounds equal to or better than any other 9mm can I've ever heard, easy to clean, large amount of accessories/mounts to choose from, backed by a great company, lightweight, no goofy timing.

For the 7.62 decision just know that depending on your QD choice you might have to buy a shoulder ring for the SCAR 17s. PMM makes one called the "KBA Custom SCAR Shoulder Ring". I've never personally used one as I have a Surefire brake that installs properly without an aftermarket shoulder ring. When I was choosing a 300blk silencer the choice was mainly between the SF SOCOM 300-SPS, the SiCo Omega, and the Sig 7.62 Ti-QD. They all sounded and metered about the same but I went with the 300-SPS mostly because I already had SOCOM mounts on everything. It is heavy though and if weight is a concern here I wouldn't go with the 300-SPS.

For .22lr I have been out of the loop for a while but I have an AAC Element 2 and love it to death. SS baffles and still very lightweight, very short, crazy quiet, and absolutely zero first round pop (which was and still is important to me). There are probably designs out there that are easier to clean but cleaning the Element 2 isn't exactly difficult. I personally shoot about 1,000 rounds between cleanings (mostly 4.5" barrels) and when it's time to clean I just push the baffles out with the included tool, wet tumble them in stainless media for a couple hours (I usually scrub the inside of the tube with a nylon brush real quick after I get the baffles in the tumbler), let everything dry, and then stack 'em up and screw it tight. Good for another 1,000 rounds.

Anyways, I'm sure others will weigh in with experiences that are different from mine but this is what works well for my needs and I hope it helps. The only thing that I'm not totally content with is the weight on the 300-SPS for my intended uses, but like I said I was already pretty invested in SF mounts and didn't want to complicate things.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    22... Silencerco sparrow or dead air mask... if you wanna wait the new Q el camino should be out within a couple of months
    9... Silencerco omega 9k for being short.
    MK23 look now for that KAC silencer good luck and dont be surprised in price (o.0)
    556...SilencerCo Omega for lightweight/mount offerings
    30...right now the sig srd762qdti is the king in 300blk db performance

If you have time wait til after shot 2017 to make your choices im sure there will be new offerings

Feedback Score
    For the 9mm can, quiet to you, or to your target?

I have a revolution 9. It's quieter in long config, but quieter to the shooter in k config. I now run mine short all the time.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 12-06-16 at 14:26.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rajahdat View Post
    22... Silencerco sparrow or dead air mask... if you wanna wait the new Q el camino should be out within a couple of months
    9... Silencerco omega 9k for being short.
    MK23 look now for that KAC silencer good luck and dont be surprised in price (o.0)
    556...SilencerCo Omega for lightweight/mount offerings
    30...right now the sig srd762qdti is the king in 300blk db performance

If you have time wait til after shot 2017 to make your choices im sure there will be new offerings
    How do you figure the omega is even a contender for a dedicated 5.56 offering???? That would be on the bottom of my list for a 11.5 5.56 SBR.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have you had problems, or know first hand of somebody having problems using an Omega as a dedicated 5.56 can?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    SiCO Sparrow for .22
    SiCO Omega for 5.56/.308
    SiCO Octane 45HD for all handgun.

You only need three

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a sparrow and a mask. I like the mask better. Mostly due to being an inch shorter. I would highly recommend it. The sparrow is no slouch though.

I have an octane 9 I haven't used much. It's on an sbr uzi. It seems fine. I've not run it on a pistol so I don't have advice here.

I have an Omega. I use it on a 20" barreled 5.56 precision upper mostly. I bought it for flexibility to use on a 556R for fun. I would not choose it for a dedicated sbr can. For a .30 Cal blackout option it would work fine.

I have a Spec war 556k on my sbr. I've been very pleased with it so far. It seems extremely durable. Other than carbon residue you can't tell it's been used.

If I were starting over without being invested in SiCo mounts I would probably go with a Surefire RC for 5.56.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast