Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to buy 5 suppressors at once, help me pick.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Have you had problems, or know first hand of somebody having problems using an Omega as a dedicated 5.56 can?
    I'm not saying you can't use it for that (as you can), but on a 11.5 SBR, your telling me an Omega is on your list? For a dedicated 5.56 can... Really? Cans just off the top of my head that I would pick before an Omega on a 11.5 SBR in no specific order... Surefire RC, Surefire RC2, KAC Nt4, KAC QDC, AAC M42k, Mini's in KAC, Surefire, AAC offerings, Griffin N4SDII, Saker, Saker K, etc, etc.

For all of my dedicated cans I choose to not have any interchangeable parts. As why I use KAC and Surefire for all of my Go-to / hard use rifles.

If the question was.... I need one can to run on my 5.56 and 30 cal rifles, then I could see an argument..
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 12-06-16 at 17:32.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Is the only reason you would not choose an Omega as a dedicated 5.56 can is because it has interchangeable parts? Other than that, all you've offered up is incredulity.

To answer your question, yes I did consider the Omega as a dedicated can for a short 5.56. I've never owned a suppressor before, so I freely admit, I don't know what I don't know but I'm gonna find out. I bought it because it had what I wanted, rated for a 10.5" barrel, lightweight, small in size and direct thread. it's cost me a little more than I expected, but such is life. I'm gonna shoot it and find out for myself if it's was a good choice or not.

I also got one for an MP-10
    Last edited by MistWolf; 12-06-16 at 18:01.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    same way people tell me about using a dead air sandman s as a dedicated 556 can OP asked for lightweight and short. Direct thread module and flat cap cap from SilencerCO makes the Omega the lightest and shortest for 556 as of what is currently offered in the market
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    How do you figure the omega is even a contender for a dedicated 5.56 offering???? That would be on the bottom of my list for a 11.5 5.56 SBR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rajahdat View Post
    same way people tell me about using a dead air sandman s as a dedicated 556 can OP asked for lightweight and short. Direct thread module and flat cap cap from SilencerCO makes the Omega the lightest and shortest for 556 as of what is currently offered in the market
    What is the length and weight with direct thread and flat end cap?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Claimed weight for the Omega is about 14oz with QD cap and diffuser thing. Added to that is the muzzle device which I believe is about 4oz. Together, that's about 18oz. Using the direct thread cap eliminates the weight of the muzzle device. I think OAL of the Omega flat end cap is 6" but don't quote me on that
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    If you don't care about direct thread, the surefire mini is 14.5 oz and 5.2"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Assembled: Omega Weight (oz) Length (in)
    Anchor Brake and ASR Mount 15________7.796
    Flat Cap and Direct Thread Mount 13.5______6.155
    Flat Cap and ASR Mount 15________6.896
    All are ~ and no I didn't count the damn muzzle brake/flash hider if you use the ASR

I ain't no fanboy of SilencerCo but I give them credit for manufacturing silencers in large quantities, CS is top notch. You cant deny them doing nothing in the industry, introducing The Hearing Protection Act. And yes its a silencer/marketing company not a flashlight company o.O
    Whatever choice the OP makes I wish him the best.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    So I did exactly what you are looking to do. My criteria was very close to yours as well.

22 - Dead air mask
    9mm - Omega 9k
    45 ACP - Osprey 45k
    5.56 - Surefire RC2 and Specwar 5.56k
    308 - Omega for bolt guns and a Sandman S for my AR10

I am also looking into getting a knights can as well since I shot an sr15 for the first time and my jaw hit the floor. Knights products are my next purchases.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Is the only reason you would not choose an Omega as a dedicated 5.56 can is because it has interchangeable parts? Other than that, all you've offered up is incredulity.

To answer your question, yes I did consider the Omega as a dedicated can for a short 5.56. I've never owned a suppressor before, so I freely admit, I don't know what I don't know but I'm gonna find out. I bought it because it had what I wanted, rated for a 10.5" barrel, lightweight, small in size and direct thread. it's cost me a little more than I expected, but such is life. I'm gonna shoot it and find out for myself if it's was a good choice or not.

I also got one for an MP-10
    First on his list is durability. Didn't think I needed to get into materials of the suppressors, but when you have a titanium suppressor, on an SBR I don't think durability. I've personally watched an omega in its first outing on a 11.5 have all the paint bubble and melt off the thing. Was in a CQB class with suppressor mandatory. Thing just starting smoking like crazy. Everyone else is looking at him and saying... WTF. Titanium and SBR cans don't go well together. This is why THunderbeast doesn't recommend it, and even puts temp warnings on there site for the titanium suppressors. I think someone on here also had his omega overheat in just running 3 gun with a Mk18. Then there is the mounting system... or should I say systems... and what's it's going to be this go around. Not sure but it will cost you. Surefire for instance has one of the best if not the best mounting system. Don't know many people that disagree with that. Or could come up with an argument against it. And it's one. And it works with both 5.56 and 30cal cans.

Silencerco even states it's a light to medium use can. I do not personally own an omega but have a few thousand rounds behind them, from DMR rifles, bolt rifles, and your standard 16 inch AR. They do work, as I said, but wouldn't be my first choice. Pick a can for a specific application. If you can't do that or can't afford to do that, then buy a multi use can like an omega, or a rugged surge.

OP, sorry this thread is turning into another Omega debate. Let us know some more of your thoughts and questions. The omega works well for many many many people. And might work perfect for what your after.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 12-07-16 at 09:34.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    If you don't care about direct thread, the surefire mini is 14.5 oz and 5.2"
    Now that is a good choice. SOCOM minis on 11.5s work really well. Have many different mini cans set up on 11.5s, 12.5, 13.7, and 14.5 SBRs.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast