Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I want to buy 5 suppressors at once, help me pick.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sandman Dead air silencers, SICO osprey, Surefire 300 SPS, Sig SDRT 7.62 Ti, OSS helix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    SiCO Sparrow for .22
    SiCO Omega for 5.56/.308
    SiCO Octane 45HD for all handgun.

You only need three

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This! ^^ I have these three cans in jail right now. I do have an older gemtech direct thread already which lives on a dedicated MK18 LMT upper however. For the money though, I did these three. I also went through Capitol Armory in Texas, they allow you to swap the included ASR mount for the Keymount from Dead Air. I did this and if you look for sales you can find some good prices on brakes and FH for this mount, its quick and solid and very very good for repeatable POI shift and accuracy. Sons of Liberty also makes an really nice muzzle device for the dead air mount which I intend to run on a couple rifles.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I forgot I started this thread until recently, so I dug it up to give a little update.

I moved forward and ended with not 5, but 6 suppressors and 2 SBRs.

Q El Camino for a .22LR silencer. It seemed simple, quiet and durable.
    AAC Ti-Rant 9m for a 9mm silencer. All around seemed like the best choice to me.
    AAC TiRant 45m for a 45Cal silencer for all the same reasons.

Surefire 556-RC2 for a 5.56mm can. Good enough for SOCOM, good enough for me. More to it than that on my decision, but basically yeah.

Q Trash Panda
    AAC SDN-6
    Two different cans for the same caliber's and for the most part usage. Both were designed under the same direction of Kevin B, at different times at different companies. They are total opposites. One is heavy and all inconel, one is light short fat and titanium. I think the AAC is technically much more durable. They are the most versatile of what I got. The Q Trash panda will end up mostly for 300 BLK subs and any precision bolt gun. The AAC SDN-6 will used mostly my B&T APC223 VSBR and my SCAR17s and HK91 clones, it will obviously see 300blk use as well.

Incidentally and not on purpose, 5 of the 6 cans I went with were created under Kevin B.

I was originally going to form 1 a few of my lowers, end of the day after doing the form 4 for my cans through Silencer shop I decided I wanted factory SBRs, due to ease of purchase and form 4 through silencer shop and not having to do engraving.

For the rifles I went with a Colt 6933, for all the obvious reasons. I really don't care on factory configurations, I'll rebuild it. I wanted a Factory SBR colt lower. This is ho you do it. It was 1100$ which seemed fair to me.

I wanted a second SBR too, the second one I found was a smoking deal on an AAC MPW. Its a 300BLK rifle with a Geiselle trigger and Knights URX 3.1 rail, the barrel is 12.5" and equipped with an AAC black out mount for my SDN-6. There was also some fancy coated BCG in it. ALL Magpul furniture. It was 865$, the rail, trigger and flash hider cost that much. Like I said smoking deal and a very nice match to AAC SDN-6. Yes I know its basically a Bushmaster, that said I had previously purchased an AAC upper and it was the nicest factory assembled upper I ever had from a fit and finish perspective, shot well too, maybe AAC gets to spec things different? And again 865$, and I mostly only care about the lower.

All checks for cans cleared 7/29 and the checks for the two rifles 9/19. I'm hoping I'm half way through my wait on the cans. I got to shoot the two AAC Ti-Rants while at my dealer. Two big things struck me, the (mm did not sound quieter than the 45 and when I took the 3 last baffles off the 45m and made it smaller and shot it and decided the"M" aspect is worthless and I'd never shoot it less than full length. I didn't even bother trying the 9mm in its short config. 9mm was my Glock 17 host, 45 was amy H&K Mark23.

I'm looking forward to spring and all my new toys coming home.

ETA: Part of my choice of silencers were all 6 were available from silencer shop at the same time. I'd been watching their stock over time, after I saw all available at once I pulled the trigger. The Surefire was the one that was in stock the most infrequently.
    Sounds like you make some good choices, and I'm confident you will enjoy everything you got. Plus I always like hearing about someone getting a deal on something, especially if it's someone who will put it to good use, as it sounds like you will do. I have a few more NFA items in jail, I'm hoping to have them all by the end of the year. Of course there is always a form 4 or form 1 on the horizon, so I would imagine I'll always be waiting for something.

Feedback Score

I want to buy 5 suppressors at once, help me pick.

Hello,

I currently live in a non-nfa state, I have second home in an NFA state. I want to move there and buy 5 suppressors. I would like to buy all 5 at once as eventually I may have to move back to my non NFA state. These items will continue to live at my second home.

At this point in my life I can do this, I own my own business I can be away from and my wife is not currently working. In a couple years I will not be able to live at my second home for a an extended period so I have to do this now.

I want a

.22lr silencer, mostly for a Walther p22.
    Looking for some thing small quiet and cleanable.

9mm silencer. Will be used on glocks.
    Quality, weight and noise reduction are most important.

.45 ACP silencer.
    I have a MK23, I want the proper KAC suppressor here. I currently have no other .45 acp firearms to silence.

5.56 silencer
    This will likely live on a 11.5" upper. I could go dedicated and direct thread here.
    I want in this order Durability, low weight, sound reduction, short. Again this could be thread on and left here.

30 cal. silencer
    This one could get mounted on a SCAR 17s from time to time. Mostly I want it for 300 black out. It does not need to handle 300 winmag and the like. This has to be quick detach. I want to use this on my other 5.56 rifles too, especially if I go direct thread on the 5.56 silencer.
    Ultimately its for 300 blk out subsonic, so I want it to be super quiet with that round. Smaller the better with out compromising sound suppression.

I will own these all for life (obviously) and likely wont buy anymore ever again. Price is not so much an issue here, cheaper is always nicer, but I don't have a budget.

It has to actually be available, or at least commonly so. If I can't actually buy it its of no use to me.

I'm a big 'buy once cry once' guy. I want top of the line. Very durable, no corners cut.

Size and weight make a difference to me, but not at the cost of durability.

Thanks for the help.
    I acquired 4 suppressors at once. I’m not patient about waiting for anything. My friend is a State police officer in Virginia. They tested all sorts of suppressors on MP5s and such. T&J Tactical is a shop out of Radford VA. Jeff is a competition shooter, Precision shooter, local 3 gun competitor and rimfire competitor.

His suppressors are as good as others.

My question is if you’re into high end, why settle with a Walther P22? An integral suppressed Ruger Mark IV is pretty darn awesome. But I did get a Suppressor for 22 LR, also for other threaded pistols and rifles.

https://instagram.com/p/BqK8Ce3njrW/

Shooting the worst 22 LR ammo I can find. Remington subsonic.

I had a Mark 23 but I know it has an opposite twist on threads so you’ll have to get an adapter. No biggy. I got rid of my Mark 23 before my cans came because I got into a CZ buying frenzy.

I also did a 30 cal can in titanium since I plan to hunt with it. Weight is an issue. I returned after two weeks of receiving my 4 stamps and ordered a steel 30 cal can and another pistol caliber can for 9 mm. Steel handles heat better but titanium is lighter. It can handle rifle calibers up to 300 win Mag. 308 and 300 subsonic ammo suppress very well.

300 AAC AR pistol

308 Savage Axis

I, like you, have 9 mm and 45 ACP pistols. A 45 can does have an adapter to shoot 9 mm, also. But I’m about efficiency and convenience so I’m getting a second can. Switching between 9 mm and 45 adapters isn’t hard but takes some time (about a minute). Forget doing it at the range until the bastard cools off.

Once you get one, it gets hard to stop.

Think of everything you want to shoot suppressed, barring any issues with cycling in a semiautomatic such as a 5.56 without some minor changes.

Be realistic in what you will shoot. I assume you can shoot on your own property. That is what I do. I don’t see the fun shooting at my club with a Suppressor while others are blasting away, unsuppressed. There are times that I am alone at the club but there is overlap.

Well, happy shooting. It’s a whole different world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by CDR_Glock; 11-15-18 at 09:54.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I posted an update that was at the bottom of page 4 and got lost, so I pasted it into my OP.

Cliffs I ended up with 6 cans:
    Q El camino .22lr
    AAC Ti-Rant 9M 9mm
    AAC Ti-Rant 45M .45acp
    Surefire 5.56RC2 socom
    AAC 7.62-SDN-6 30 cal
    Q Trash Panda 30 cal

I also got a now 3 factory SBRs. An AAC 300blk MPW, a Colt 6933 Commando and now since my last post a complete Colt SBR lower.

All my suppressors had their checks cashed 7/29, two of my SBRs on 9/19 and the third SBR lower hasn't even had its form 3 submitted.

Feedback Score
    I posted an update that was at the bottom of page 4 and got lost, so I pasted it into my OP.

Cliffs I ended up with 6 cans:
    Q El camino .22lr
    AAC Ti-Rant 9M 9mm
    AAC Ti-Rant 45M .45acp
    Surefire 5.56RC2 socom
    AAC 7.62-SDN-6 30 cal
    Q Trash Panda 30 cal

I also got a now 3 factory SBRs. An AAC 300blk MPW, a Colt 6933 Commando and now since my last post a complete Colt SBR lower.

All my suppressors had their checks cashed 7/29, two of my SBRs on 9/19 and the third SBR lower hasn't even had its form 3 submitted.
    Nice list.

I’ll have a total of 6 cans when my next two get approved.

I applied in Feb and was approved in the first week of October. Getting multiple at once is the best way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I agree, it's a pretty great stamp collection you have going. I am waiting on 2 form 4s right now, and I have a couple more I need to submit. From what I have heard 300 blk subs and the Q cans are a pretty good combo.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks guys!

I am excited about putting some subs through the Q can. I bought a Honey badger barrel today to go with it. It'll be a fun project to build an upper while I wait for my stamps. I plan to cut down a BCM QRF rail to about 6" Looking at picture I think it would cut down clean to that length.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys!

I am excited about putting some subs through the Q can. I bought a Honey badger barrel today to go with it. It'll be a fun project to build an upper while I wait for my stamps. I plan to cut down a BCM QRF rail to about 6" Looking at picture I think it would cut down clean to that length.
    Can you post pics of that please when it is complete? I have bought a SLR 6.25 rail that I am hoping will clear with a trash panda with a Q barrel. I will build it when I get home, so as of now it is all a guess. Side note, it looks like Q changed up their Honey Badger barrels. The part that screws in after the gas block does not look like the one I have. This looks to be new on their website and was hoping someone could chime in about it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sycotik View Post
    Can you post pics of that please when it is complete? I have bought a SLR 6.25 rail that I am hoping will clear with a trash panda with a Q barrel. I will build it when I get home, so as of now it is all a guess. Side note, it looks like Q changed up their Honey Badger barrels. The part that screws in after the gas block does not look like the one I have. This looks to be new on their website and was hoping someone could chime in about it.
    Will do.

The barrel has been in hand for a little while. I'm waiting for an upper receiver I ordered on black friday, when I get it I'll install the barrel and go to my class 3 dealer to try the can and mount on it and take a measurement so I can have the rail cut down.

I also ordered the BCM QRF rail on black friday. I went with the QRF 10, from looking at all of the QRF rails online in pictures the 10 seemed like the only one that would cut down cleanly to the approximate length I'll need. But I'll never know until I can measure it all.

There also seems to be some talk a honey badger 6" m-lok rail would work with a mil spec upper. No confirmation from Q and barrel nuts are not available separate. So I'm not holding my breath.

I hope to be able to take measurements next week, all depends on when Aero ships my upper. If I don't get it before next week I don't know when I'll be able to get to my dealer next, maybe not before the new year. I'm in no real rush as I likely 2 or more months left on my tax stamps.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345