Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 40SW - AR Platform Barrel reference

Feedback Score

40SW - AR Platform Barrel reference

This is my first post so – Patients please.

I am piecing together a 40SW - AR Platform using New Frontier Armory / Glock as an upper & lower base – Ya, I know 40SW -

Looking for a barrel 1:10 twist. The only thing I can find is 1:16. I would prefer a faster twist.
    Barrel length 14.5” to 16” - Carbon steel if possible.
    For cost, I would like an over the counter purchase as opposed to a custom order.

I’ve searched quite a bit but haven’t come up with much so if someone could direct me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    Quartercircle 10, 1/10 twist from 3.5 in to 16 inch. QC10 sells direct, and Rainier hss them in stock.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by Knownot; 12-08-16 at 04:12.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A lot of folks discount .40 S&W as being irrelevant. I usually always find used g22 mags for the low and always seem to see an abundance of the ammo and good selection might I add of that caliber at most places that sell ammo.

Good call in my opinion. Staying tuned for the build. I'd love to see what kind of effect the 16" barrel has on the ballistics

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpoe88 View Post
    A lot of folks discount .40 S&W as being irrelevant. I usually always find used g22 mags for the low and always seem to see an abundance of the ammo and good selection might I add of that caliber at most places that sell ammo.

Good call in my opinion. Staying tuned for the build. I'd love to see what kind of effect the 16" barrel has on the ballistics
    Thanks to all for responding - Anyone else with info.
    I'm already set up for 40SW.
    Almost everyone I know has switched to 9mm for handguns because of the acceptional round count and friendly recoil.
    I don't think the longer barrel length will have as much affect as it does to 9mm- I'll have to play with powder to find out. I'm estimating around 1300 to 1350fps with a 165gr is within reason and not stressing the case too much. Cases should be good for many reloads. I'll be shooting paper & steel out to 250yards in local events. I'm sticking with 165gr as opposed to 180gr - a tad more room for powder and quite less drop after 100yards. A bit more drop than a 9mm but a heavier payload.
    Finding a barrel - Reasonably Priced seams to be a problem - Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    Thanks again
    Last edited by Dogbite; 12-08-16 at 08:11. Reason: Kan't spell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Quartercircle 10, 1/10 twist from 3.5 in to 16 inch. QC10 sells direct, and Rainier hss them in stock.
    1:16 - incorrect listing - I called Rainier to verify. I had thought they might have purchased a special run from Quartercircle's standard 1:16.
    Thanks anyway
    Last edited by Dogbite; 12-08-16 at 09:46. Reason: Still Kan't spell

Feedback Score
    Check with Rudy at Macon Armory, he does his own barrels and can usually fix you up at a reasonable price.

Feedback Score
    Thank you I will all Monday 12/12/16

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    How's this project coming along? I have a bolt from New Frontier Armory, Kaw Valley 16" and a Matrix Aero Space LRBHO lower. I am on my way out to the shop to cut a mild ramp into the barrel.

Speaking with the folks at Kaw Valley they are testing their own 40/10 BCG's.
    Last edited by NQNPIII; 05-15-18 at 17:11.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like 40 S&W. It works well and is versatile. While i dont have an AR in it, i do have a Sub2k that knocks the stuffing put of 4 legged critters.
    Be of good cheer, you men of Valor.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast