Thread: Custom Plug for EOTECH LBC laser battery case

Feedback Score

Custom Plug for EOTECH LBC laser battery case

I got an Eotech 512 with the LBC accessory several weeks ago. Getting used to it still but still lots of shooting to go. One thing I didn't care for is the open plug for the remote control cord for the laser. Seems like Eotech forgot to put one on. I racked my brain trying to find some type of rubber plug but never found one that fit good enough to stay in during range sessions. My wife had ordered trial packages of SUGRU, the moldable silicon that after several hours sets up like regular silicon rubber. So I stole a package of red SUGRU and began shaping a plug that I thought might work. I wanted a large enough end on it that you can take it out wearing gloves and not drop it, lost for eternity. I made two of them since there was enough material to do so. When I got through, I let it set up overnight. Next day I tried out the fitment of the plug and after a little judicious use of a Dremel tool on the plug, found that it fit and did exactly what I wanted it to do.

This is the finished product.

2016-12-02 11.12.28.jpg

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Well done and a creative solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams