Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Budget" scopes

Feedback Score
    I mainly run Vortex, Bushnell, and Primary Arms optics. All good budget stuff for use on my plinking, hunting, training and range guns.

My one "expensive optic", a lightly used Aimpoint comp M2 that I bought very reasonable, is on my self defense/shtf carbine.
    Last edited by ww2farmer; 12-11-16 at 09:28.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Vortex Strike Eagle is $329.99 and it is a 1-6

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    The Vortex Strike Eagle or the Primary Arms ACSS 1-6 would be my choices.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    The Vortex Strike Eagle or the Primary Arms ACSS 1-6 would be my choices.
    3 Absolute Best 1-6x Low Power Variable AR Scopes For Under $400
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh please, there's mechanically sound optics out there for under $400 that will pass a box test. If the mechanics aren't sound, a scope isn't worth buying.

Heck, here's a 3-12 Weaver Grand Slam for $350. It'll track.
    https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-re-...cle-matte.html

Lots of options for under $400 that'll be mechanically sound. They just might not have all of the bells and whistles.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    $400 should be fine for a scope as long as it's not one with a ton of bells and whistles. Fixed power, don't expect it to pass a box test, but should hold zero fine with normal range use.
    Last edited by seedubs1; 12-12-16 at 14:41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    Oh please, there's mechanically sound optics out there for under $400 that will pass a box test. If the mechanics aren't sound, a scope isn't worth buying.

Heck, here's a 3-12 Weaver Grand Slam for $350. It'll track.
    https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-re-...cle-matte.html

Lots of options for under $400 that'll be mechanically sound. They just might not have all of the bells and whistles.
    Well, I never tried. I've known people with cheaper scopes that held up fine to recoil but box test was never tested.

That was a disclaimer, not a claim it cant be found. I should have worded diffently.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggp2jz View Post
    Vortex Strike Eagle is $329.99 and it is a 1-6
    I picked my up from Primary Arms for under $290 either on sale or using my military discount. Can't recall which, but I'd bet at Christmas time it'll be on sale somewhere.

QUOTE=Slater;2423431]For use on the range (100-300 yards) is there such thing as a decent scope in the $400 range?[/QUOTE]

I would also recommend the Strike Eagle and if you are patient and keep an eye out you can get it for less than $300 and use the extra money to pickup a mount. You can pick up a really decent mount like Aero Precision or Primary Arms for a bargain, or a better mount for more. I have picked up both ADM Recon and LaRue LT104 mounts (both with QD) from $120-$160) right here on the E&E. (Two ADM Recons and three LaRue's.)
    Save a little and you can pick up an ADM Recon for about $160 NIB. (Shamazon)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    I ended up going with the Meopta MeoPro 3.5-10x44 from OpticsPlanet. After the discount it was $315 (with free shipping).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12