Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got my first Wilson today

Feedback Score

Got my first Wilson today

Only had time to run 8 rounds through it on the side of the road on the way home today, but it's a great feeling gun. I've never felt a slide that's so smooth it feels like it's on ball bearings. And the trigger, just wow. In stoked to run it a little tomorrow and see what it'll do then start building loads for it. Got it used from a friend with around 500 rds through it.

Question, any of you change out the bushing less recoil system for a flgr from Dawson? Specifically the tool less one.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Full length guide rods contribute nothing and are a waste of money. Stick with the Wilson as it is and it will perform great. Change the recoil spring based on intervals recommended by Wilson.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    From what I see the OP has a Wilson-Combat CQB Tactical LE (or something similar).
    http://www.wilsoncombat.com/cqb-tactical-le/

Is this the correct model?

Also, looking at the website, does it already come with a full length guide rod (flgr)? I couldn't tell, but bull/coned bushingless barrels often do.

I don't have a bushingless 1911. A friend has one and uses the Dawson product. He said it performs fine and he's not had any problems with it, although his gun (a 2011 double-stack .40) is relatively new.
    https://dawsonprecision.com/guiderod...son-precision/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    From what I see the OP has a Wilson-Combat CQB Tactical LE (or something similar).
    http://www.wilsoncombat.com/cqb-tactical-le/

Is this the correct model?

Also, looking at the website, does it already come with a full length guide rod (flgr)? I couldn't tell, but bull/coned bushingless barrels often do.

I don't have a bushingless 1911. A friend has one and uses the Dawson product. He said it performs fine and he's not had any problems with it, although his gun (a 2011 double-stack .40) is relatively new.
    https://dawsonprecision.com/guiderod...son-precision/
    That is the model.

No, it's a short guide rod. I have a Dawson precision tool less in my springfield trp operator, and it has worked flawlessly for 1235 rounds.

Feedback Score
    If you already have a Dawson tool-less guide rod then you're more expert or as expert on the subject as anyone.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    That is the model.

No, it's a short guide rod. I have a Dawson precision tool less in my springfield trp operator, and it has worked flawlessly for 1235 rounds.

It would have ran flawlessly without the dawson guide rod....
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    It would have ran flawlessly without the dawson guide rod....
    Yes it did. But I hated having to have a pin to stick in the hole every time I wanted to disassemble it

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Yes it did. But I hated having to have a pin to stick in the hole every time I wanted to disassemble it

So why would you consider one for the Wilson? Don't overthink it. Keep the standard spring and guide rod. If you're feeling squirrelly then maybe try out the Wilson flat wire spring and guide rod kit...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    So why would you consider one for the Wilson? Don't overthink it. Keep the standard spring and guide rod. If you're feeling squirrelly then maybe try out the Wilson flat wire spring and guide rod kit...
    I don't like the bushing less barrel. The sa was already a full length.

Feedback Score
    I did a full detailed strip and cleaning of it the other day. Ran butch bore shine through it and ran it again today. I love this pistol. Everything about it is smooth. I'm excited to get some load work done up for it. Wanted to do it this week but with the bad weather we've had, it wasn't in the cards.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast