Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Proctor sling?

Feedback Score
    I own 2 Proctor slings, and they work, I like them and I love how slim they are but I prefer the strap or keeper that allows me to make adjustment to the length on the fly easier then just the slide that the Proctor uses, so I mainly use Lunar Concepts Two Points, ESDs or Ferro Concepts Slingsters
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I find that I'm never adjusting my slings these days. My IDFs have that quick extender, but I never have heavy packs/coats on these days. The thin width on the proctor will be odd for me compared to the seatbelt width on the IDFs.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have found that when I make my slings to use tubular polyester webbing. It feels soft and smooth to the touch, the tube helps with not being thin and digging into your shoulder when slung. I appreciate the quick adjust for run and gun competitions where you could be running 5 -10k lengths with your gear between shooting stations. Nice to snug up for the run and loosen for the shooting stage.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah I adjust mine all the time, for many reasons, depending on what I'm doing and wearing.

I agree I don't know if I'd be crazy about the narrowness of the Proctor, as I'm very spoiled with my 2" wide slings.

Feedback Score
    It is my understanding that the quick adjust 2 point originally came from the need to be able to quickly adjust the sling for the proper length in order to to use them for sling-assisted shooting in various positions within CAG, hence why the VTAC and VCAS were the first two big quick adjust 2 point slings. QDs were also used for the same purpose, to be able to quickly move the sling around the rifle to better position it for sling assisted shooting. This is what I recall from my DMR class with Pressburg.

Never used a Proctor sling, primarily use the SOB Bitch sling, which I presume is relatively similar. I've also tried the LFT sling, don't really care for it, prefer my Bitch sling. Still, it was better than my BFG 221 sling.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 01-25-24 at 12:16.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456