Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CA assault weapon reg

Feedback Score

CA assault weapon reg

They say in CA you have up until Jan 2018 to register a AR with the "features " is this true and/or is there any court case pending on weather or not this law is challenged?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's true. Starting 1 Jan, 2017, the state's decreed that pretty much every semi-auto rifle is an "assault weapon" and has to be registered or permanently modified so the magazine is no longer detachable (the "bullet button" is not an approved mod any more). Zero chance of a challenge to this any time soon. Starting in 2019, you won't be able to buy ammo in the state without a special license either.

My advice is if you have any choice in the matter, stay away from CA.
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 12-14-16 at 11:03.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    First, those clowns in Sac introduced a bullet button thing few years ago, now they want us to register all stuff with stupid bullet button. Next - they are gonna confiscate it, I think, like in New York :-( . So, it was in Proposition 63 and 8 663 159 people voted for it
    Whole story here http://<br /> https://www.thetrace.o...bullet-button/
    Last edited by Alba9999; 12-14-16 at 14:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    California used to allow active duty military stationed in California, but residents of other states, to bring non-compliant rifles in if they registered them ($75). One of my friends was renewing the registration on his rifle (I believe it was annual) and received a response back that his request to re-register was denied, and he had 30 days to remove the rifle from the state. He sent it to his brother in a different state.

I expect it to continue to deteriorate in California.

Feedback Score
    It gets dumber. You were supposed to be able to register starting 1/1/16. But the Web address kept crashing per my FFL. Plus, the implementation regs are apparently going to try to require bullet buttons to stay on. Except the law does not say that. In fact, bullet buttons have been deemed inconsequential to status as an AW. So I have 3x builds in various states of assembly which I cannot finish, since I am not sure if they require bullet buttons. Retarded!

Feedback Score
    Anyone know what's the deal with semi auto shotguns like a Vepr or Saiga 12? anyway to make it featureless? I'm not seeing it.

Feedback Score
    I still don't understand how free men tolerate being told what they can or can't own. Not very long ago, a lot of men died fighting a tyrant that tried to confiscate their arms. Food for thought.
    Colt > BCM

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline View Post
    I still don't understand how free men tolerate being told what they can or can't own.
    Do you apply that understanding to NFA weapons/devices as well, or do you just have your buddy machine you a DIAS for your AR and laugh at all those poor SOBs who paid $20k for a fully transferable machine gun?

Feedback Score
    I called the State Attorney General in August trying to register. After a big run around on the phone, i was told the site wasn't ready (this is all done on line with an "account"). They told me call back in awhile. They also said the deadline would be extended (because obviously they don't have their act together). I may call again next week. Believe me, if they catch you out of compliance in California, you are going to their version of Gitmo, no passing GO, no $200.00, no Get Out of Jail Free.

Feedback Score
    I called. It is exactly as I thought. First, is the huge hassle setting up "the account". They give you a name and specify rules for a password, then give you a yea or nah. So it is their name they have given you and their password which you are now required to memorize. There are a series of questions upon which you are graded. If you fail, in their eyes, you cannot proceed. Finally, at the end they want you to attach four pictures of your rifle. I couldn't do this so I'll try again later. By the way, the deadline has been extended to June, 2018 because there are leftist pink-brains and it took them 8 months to set up a website. They provide a phone number for help, 916 227-7527. You get options to press this and that but they are all circular recording, all but one. This is an option to press extension 32 for Spanish. California is now Mexico so you know they have priority. I hit ext. 32 and got a real person immediately. Remember this if you call.

It looks to me as if semi-auto shotguns need registration too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast