Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSG Arms Barrel Quality?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

DSG Arms Barrel Quality?

Hey all,

Does anyone have any recent experience with DSG Arms barrels? I'm looking at a 4150CMV barrel and wondering how they are. Any insight on who makes them for DSG?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Vegas; 12-16-16 at 00:50.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    12 hours up, over 200 hundred views and no comments may tell it's own story. I'm guessing either no one buys them or nobody wants to buy them.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I don't own any or know anything about them, but I consider DSG a first class company and I can't imagine them selling junk. Their barrels are probably fine and if not, they have excellent customer service and would probably cover any issue you may have with one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brianc142 View Post
    I don't own any or know anything about them, but I consider DSG a first class company and I can't imagine them selling junk. Their barrels are probably fine and if not, they have excellent customer service and would probably cover any issue you may have with one.
    This has been my experience with DSG as well. I would give them a try.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    In that price range, I'd recommend the Faxon Firearms Gunner barrel. Faxon maintains a presence on this site, and initial reviews of their barrels have been very favorable. The Gunner profile is better than the DSG "Gov't" IMO. If you shop around you may be able to find a discount on the Faxon. I backordered one through Brownells at a decent discount.

Feedback Score
    The hard thing is that since nobody knows who makes the barrels, or how they are truly spec'ed, it's to make a recommendation for those particular barrels. Until there is a known track record or pedigree, my inclination is to look elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    They appear to have two lines of barrels that seem very similar to Ballistic Advantage lines. It seems like there is a good chance they are made by BA. Given that and DSGs track record, if they fit your needs, I might give then a try.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I took a minute to email them and got the following back: "The only information I can share regarding the DSG barrels is that they are OEM'd for us by an industry leading manufacturer." Which is about what I expected to get back. Have to say the style of markings on the barrel do look BA'ish.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I can't imagine them using a substandard barrel.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I always follow this rule. If the company doesn't list all the specs and details then they are hiding something. Meaning that if you spend the money and time on your barrels (LIKE BCM does), you would tell (list) everyone what you are doing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast