Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DSG Arms Barrel Quality?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    ^^^ Seems like sage advice from Grant.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I always follow this rule. If the company doesn't list all the specs and details then they are hiding something. Meaning that if you spend the money and time on your barrels (LIKE BCM does), you would tell (list) everyone what you are doing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is one of the things that I like about the Faxon barrels. Even though they are a moderately priced mfg, they disclose a good amount of information about how they are made, spec'd, etc.

FaxonNathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    In that price range, I'd recommend the Faxon Firearms Gunner barrel. Faxon maintains a presence on this site, and initial reviews of their barrels have been very favorable. The Gunner profile is better than the DSG "Gov't" IMO. If you shop around you may be able to find a discount on the Faxon. I backordered one through Brownells at a decent discount.
    A pleasure to be mentioned. Let us know how we can help!

FaxonNathan Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    That is one of the things that I like about the Faxon barrels. Even though they are a moderately priced mfg, they disclose a good amount of information about how they are made, spec'd, etc.
    Anything we are missing in our listings?

Always want to ensure we publish everything customers are looking for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FaxonNathan View Post
    Anything we are missing in our listings?

Always want to ensure we publish everything customers are looking for.
    As someone soon to be in the barrel market, from a sales perspective, your doing it right. Open with info, and here for questions, but not pushing anything. I'll be considering you moving forward (I wasn't before). Keep it up.

Sorry for thread drift - no dsg info, but curious as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by AKjeff; 12-19-16 at 10:57. Reason: I was wrong...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FaxonNathan View Post
    A pleasure to be mentioned. Let us know how we can help!
    Having some of your barrels in stock would be awesome as I’d love buy one. I’ve been checking your website for months. At this point I’d go for any Gov't/Socom Profile AR15 Barrel, 556 Nato, Pinned Gas Block From 7.5 to 11.5. Yes I know different barrel length are better for different applications. Primary purpose for this build would be home defense I would prefer a 10.5 or 11.5 but I suspect could have some fun with a 7.5. With the greatest straight line shot in my home being under 85 feet it may even provide adequate stopping power. Of course I’d defer to your expertise for any pistol length barrel you have in stock. Including a different profile.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Having some of your barrels in stock would be awesome as I’d love buy one. I’ve been checking your website for months. At this point I’d go for any Gov't/Socom Profile AR15 Barrel, 556 Nato, Pinned Gas Block From 7.5 to 11.5. Yes I know different barrel length are better for different applications. Primary purpose for this build would be home defense I would prefer a 10.5 or 11.5 but I suspect could have some fun with a 7.5. With the greatest straight line shot in my home being under 85 feet it may even provide adequate stopping power. Of course I’d defer to your expertise for any pistol length barrel you have in stock. Including a different profile.
    My brotha...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FaxonNathan hasn't posted for a while.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    FaxonNathan hasn't posted for a while.
    He hasn't worked for faxon in like 2 years. Their online presence really dropped after he left, it seems like their quality did as well.

Papa bear I believe had a pretty bad experience with them as well as some at the other site. If I wanted a nitride barrel in that price range I would be looking at BA or Rosco. American defense sells criterion nitride barrels as well as black river tactical and they have some really good profiles.

Not sure if faxon is still the OEM for BRT, but I bet Clint would have some better qa/qc in place than them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast