Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tavor Owners: What sight or scope options are you using?

Feedback Score
    The Tavor is fully capable of shoot 400-600 yards... I'd scope it. There are several good all-around scopes with 2.5-10 or 3-12 magnification that would work well at any range from point blank to 600 yards. Save your money for the Aimpoint, it will pay for itself before you know it. The cheap sights will just suck money out of your wallet and drive you crazy, and you'll just end up paying for the better sight down the road. If I had what I wasted on cheap red dots when I first started looking at them, I have a couple more Aimpoints now. I've been running M2's/ML2's on both my AR's and Tavor (and a couple of others) since they were the "new" model, and they are still going strong now for around 12 years of pretty steady use and abuse. They are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep on going and going...... The Aimpoints also won't break the bank feeding their battery habit. Mine is pretty much "old school" now, and I leave them on 24/7/365 and change the batteries once a year. The new ones I believe, are up to about 9 years on a battery. Also, don't get caught up on one or the other. Get both. With lever mounts, you can have either at a flip of a lever or two and swap them at will, with no loss of zero. I have one AR that usually wears a Leupold 1.5x5 https://thetacticalscopes.com/best-optic-for-tavor/ on an old ARMS lever mount, and a backup, pre zeroed Aimpoint on an ARMS M68 mount. Best of both worlds.

Feedback Score
    I like prismatic scopes. Still have a reticle even without a battery. Vortex spitfire on the X95 and Spitfire AR on the SAR. The optics are clear and bright and the DRT reticle is fast for cqb. Lack of magnification can be a challenge at long distance, but it's not what these rifles are for.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I wanted to keep an IDFish feel to my Tavor without actually spending any money so I put a spare EXPS3 on it. It sorta looks like a Meprolight M5... ;-)

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Currently running an Aimpoint H1 on mine. However I am considering switching to a 1-4 LPVO
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    My 18" Tavor has a Trijicon 3x acog its great

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I tried both a 3.5x and 1.5x ACOG on mine.

I generally prefer the quickness of the 1.5x, almost as fast as an Aimpoint but with a little pop of clarity that good glass can give you.

Both worked fine for my shooting: matches shot from 2 to 300 yards against a timer.

H

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I brought this back from the dead to ask about scope mounting...

One of my Sons is buying a X95 5.56 Tavor and I want to give him a 1-4X scope and a mount. I have searched online and people are all over the place on recommendations.

What is the right/comfortable optic height for a Tavor?

Thank you
    Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use a standard AR height non QD mount on mine and it works well with a 1-4x Leupy.

Last edited by HKGuns; 10-25-21 at 08:18.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Thank you. The scope is currently sitting in a Aero lightweight AR mount. I will get a better mount if he likes the optic (Nikon Black Force 1000 1-4x).

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-25-21 at 07:41.

Feedback Score
    Aimpoint T2 on a 1.93” Scalarworks mount. I will say that the Tavor/X95 are IMO the best rifles for an ACOG due to how far back the rail comes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast