Thread: UTG Quad Rail Picture request

Feedback Score

Question UTG Quad Rail Picture request

I Just bought a WASR-10/63 UF.

Love the gun, but the cheat ass plastic forearm has got to go.

I've been considering the UTG Quad rail.

Since my WASR has the underfolding stock, I am wondering if I will still be able to attach a foregrip, and have the stock fold normally.

I also wouldn't mind knowing how these do at dissapating heat.

If you have one do you like it? Or should I look for something else.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know of any AK quad rail that will let you co-witness with a dot scope. Some one else might. The Ultimak gas tube will. I would get that and if the forearm bothers you that much, look for another one.

Do you want to put other "Stuff" on the front of your WASR, or do you just not like your forearm? Ultimak makes a lower rail set to, (Tri rail) if that is what you want. Look thru the AK pic thread for Ideas too.

Feedback Score
    I do love my WASR. I just want it to be more tactical.

I found a picture of the UTG installed, but its a bit low quality, and hard to get a good look at.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    UTG is not the quality. It is mainly for Airsoft. I had one on an AR 15 and it was not that great or sturdy. For pics here is a link. You cannot put any dot sites on the toprail and see thru it and your iron sites together, so if your dot or the battery goes bad you do not have backup. The Ultimak will allow this.

http://www.tickbitesupply.com/ak.html

Here is a link for the Ultimak company. You can Google Ultimak for a lot of places that sell it cheaper. Ultimak you will NOT be dissapionted with. More money, but skip a few dinners, drinks, whatever and do it right the first time. I am also looking at one for my M1A.

http://www.ultimak.com/

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    +1 on the Ultimak - at least if it's as well-built as the M14/M1A rail.

Feedback Score
    I put a UTG rail on my 74, but ONLY because I wanted it for a light ONLY. It's ok for that, but I would NOT use it for optics.
    "When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." -Chief Tecumseh

Feedback Score
    Why not use it for optics?

I realise the Ultimak product is the cream of the crop, but if I had the money needed for the Ultimak, I would just buy another AK.

That system is just too expensive.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1858remington View Post
    Why not use it for optics?
    You could, but with the UTG you cannot "co-witness" (see definition link HERE) so you can have easy access to your iron sites IMEDIATLY when the need arises. No trying to look down a small hole to align your irons and then trying to find your target again. With the UTG I believe you will not be able to even see down that "HOLE" because your scope mounting bolts will be going sideways across your rail where the hole is. I am assuming this because I have never owned that particular style of UTG. I am only going by the pics I have seen.

The Ultimak sets the rail low enough to "Co-witness" with the iron sites thru the scope.

I do own the Ultimak upper and I know it works. Even with a $30 cheep sight, that could go out at any minute, and my irons are already there in my line of sight.

Do’s any of this make sense?

Do you want it for "Function" , or for "Tacticool" ???

AK Pic thread: HERE It is a long thread, but a lot of good examples for you to look at and judge for yourself as to what will work for YOU.

Feedback Score
    I'm not too concerned about co-witnessing my sights.

I was planning on adding a green laser, for when i shoot it with the stock folded.

I mainly wanted to be able to add a forward grip, a light and a laser.

I have a red dot to mount, if I so desire, but it wasn't a priority.

If I found a product, like williams "Fire Sight" for the SKS, for my AK, I might skip the red dot all together.

Does anyone make a "fire Sight" for the AK?

But if I do decide to mount a red dot, is the UTG a good platform?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    UTG is not the quality. It is mainly for Airsoft. I had one on an AR 15 and it was not that great or sturdy. For pics here is a link. You cannot put any dot sites on the toprail and see thru it and your iron sites together, so if your dot or the battery goes bad you do not have backup. The Ultimak will allow this.

http://www.tickbitesupply.com/ak.html

Here is a link for the Ultimak company. You can Google Ultimak for a lot of places that sell it cheaper. Ultimak you will NOT be dissapionted with. More money, but skip a few dinners, drinks, whatever and do it right the first time. I am also looking at one for my M1A.

http://www.ultimak.com/

Good luck.
    Great site. Did not realize all that was out there. Good pictures too.