Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: What have you learned about your shooting lately?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Finally got a low light class in which wasn't groundbreaking, but good practice. I think my biggest takeaway was for really tough shots, I like being able to put the X300U on constant on and utilize a normal grip. It didn't take much extra time but did seem to make a difference when its dark AF, the distance is 15 yards or so, its a low percentage shot, and I'm on the clock. For closer stuff the momentary worked better than I expected, but I was using the PHLSTER ARC which probably helped.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I recall having a discussion on the board about "slapping the trigger" when firing pistol rapidly at close range.

I disagreed with the method.

Well I found that while firing rapidly at close range and moving i would occasionally fail to let the trigger reset because i want constant control of the trigger.

My solution was to be certain I'd fully released the trigger by letting my finger just come off it before pressing it again.

Yup, a firm hold on the pistol, slapping the trigger, and getting a "good enough" front sight covering the target is the way to get very short split times (.12-.17) and hits without short-stroking the trigger.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I recall having a discussion on the board about "slapping the trigger" when firing pistol rapidly at close range.

I disagreed with the method.

Well I found that while firing rapidly at close range and moving i would occasionally fail to let the trigger reset because i want constant control of the trigger.

My solution was to be certain I'd fully released the trigger by letting my finger just come off it before pressing it again.

Yup, a firm hold on the pistol, slapping the trigger, and getting a "good enough" front sight covering the target is the way to get very short split times (.12-.17) and hits without short-stroking the trigger.
    Nice. 0.12 on a pistol is smoking.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819