G&R Tactical
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: What have you learned about your shooting lately?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Not sure if it would help, but they do make full lens "reader" style safety glasses. I recommended a pair to 26inf in the Tactical gear section of the forum and there is some other decent discussion of prescription safety glasses if you wanted to go that route

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...t-With-Eye-Pro
    Those are what I'm using currently, I went to the optometrist and got a new Rx to match the ELVEX full lens readers, just haven't pulled the trigger on a fancy 'prescription' pair.

One note of caution on the ELVEX, I've broken an ear piece adjusting the glasses with earpro in place, fixed it with a piece of clear tubing I had in the shop. I ordered a couple more glasses as spares, they aren't that expensive.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Sedition, a Free Press and Personal Rule, The Kansas City Star, May 1918

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    I just last had cataract surgery last April, my left eye is 20/10 but my right is 20/25 and I shoot right eye dominate.
    I had cataracts as a result of medication in my early 40's. Went from 20/400 and 20/800 to 20/15 and 20/25 - magic. Normally I run without glasses. What my wife calls my $500.00 reading glasses have slight corrections bringing me close to 20/20 in both eyes, I do wear them to drive so I can see the small stuff on the panel - important to know the temp when your cruising.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Sedition, a Free Press and Personal Rule, The Kansas City Star, May 1918

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Not sure if it would help, but they do make full lens "reader" style safety glasses. I recommended a pair to 26inf in the Tactical gear section of the forum and there is some other decent discussion of prescription safety glasses if you wanted to go that route

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...t-With-Eye-Pro
    I have used that but you end up degrading distance vision in the good eye to help the bad eye.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I had cataracts as a result of medication in my early 40's. Went from 20/400 and 20/800 to 20/15 and 20/25 - magic. Normally I run without glasses. What my wife calls my $500.00 reading glasses have slight corrections bringing me close to 20/20 in both eyes, I do wear them to drive so I can see the small stuff on the panel - important to know the temp when your cruising.
    I am fine with no glasses, I can read the panel and GPS. I only need glasses reading small print. Funny the right eye tends to change as the day goes on. In the morning after awaking it is 20/20 but degrades to 20/25 as the day goes on. Doc says it might be dry eye but drops don't do much good. After the surgery on the right eye I still had a lot of astigmatism so the Doc did a procedure called limbal relaxing incisions which removed the astigmatism.

https://www.zioneye.com/eye-surgery/...ncisions-lris/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    I have used that but you end up degrading distance vision in the good eye to help the bad eye.
    I'd like to make it clear that I wear them only as appropriate for gun games with pistols.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Not my actual shooting, but I realized last night that Iím pretty confident I donít like my closed tune Warcomp. Iíve put probably about 1k rounds through it and the recoil impulse has always seemed kind of weird. Last nighr I was comparing my BCM with it to my PSA with an FCD muzzle device and i really did not like it. Iíve been very pleased with my BCM comps so I have to decide whether Iím going back to one of those or if Iím willing to put a MAMS on that upper as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Did a basic rifle class on Saturday.

I have to work on holdovers. Usually I shoot a steel silhouette, and I'm "close enough," but on an 8" circle I need work.

I also shoot low on an IDPA (ISPC?) Cardboard silhouette. The circle is a bit high, I tend to shoot the bottom half. Not very good on the actual target zone, but anatomically accurate.

I was bitching, threatening to bring an xray film and show my impact zone was appropriate. Still got told to stfu, I was missing the target... which is true.

The staff was also really against isosceles for rifle, preferring a slightly aggressive fighting stance. That was a training scar they didn't like.
    Last edited by Caduceus; 10-17-19 at 20:08.

Sodom & Gomorrah on the Sound - Seattle, Wash., Left Coast Hell
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That apparently because I'm a bit soggy around the midsection some members think I'm not "good enough" to be here, and would rather bitch about the gut I've *regularly* noted having problems with over most of my life than offer requested *constructive* gear suggestions.
    Last edited by Diamondback; 10-18-19 at 04:07.
    You really have to ask why Conservatives have guns? Because Liberals block freeways, burn cities, throw Molotov cocktails, loot, turn over cop cars, and think this behavior is Socially Acceptable.
    --unknown, memed by user "KeepnitReel" at Northwest Firearms

The NRA: Fighting Democratic Party terrorists with military-style assault weapons since 1871. LIFE MEMBER

No affiliation with Diamondback Firearms, or any other manufacturer/distributor/retailer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    That apparently because I'm a bit soggy around the midsection some members think I'm not "good enough" to be here, and would rather bitch about the gut I've *regularly* noted having problems with over most of my life than offer requested *constructive* ear suggestions.
    I figured out what you are saying.

I'd say something snarky about Mr. Goodtimes, but that old adage about not arguing with idiots comes to mind.

A little at a time with no setbacks will do you good in the long run.

Sodom & Gomorrah on the Sound - Seattle, Wash., Left Coast Hell
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks, Deuce-Six; looks like I need to get the G key on this keyboard checked out. Part of why I'm not going for crash-drops and gung-ho gym marathons, lifestyle changes are more likely to stuck if made in small increments with time to adapt.

In all seriousness, I *do* need to get out and train more. *Still.* Not to mention get some builds tested, if I can find a civvy-friendly range that's not Fuddtard Kapo Hell around here in the Toilet Bowl of the Northwet.
    You really have to ask why Conservatives have guns? Because Liberals block freeways, burn cities, throw Molotov cocktails, loot, turn over cop cars, and think this behavior is Socially Acceptable.
    --unknown, memed by user "KeepnitReel" at Northwest Firearms

The NRA: Fighting Democratic Party terrorists with military-style assault weapons since 1871. LIFE MEMBER

No affiliation with Diamondback Firearms, or any other manufacturer/distributor/retailer.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast