G&R Tactical
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: What have you learned about your shooting lately?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    I didn't learn this today but I have come to the conclusion that I really need to fix my natural POA and sight alignment with pistol.

I am heavily left eye dominant and right handed. When I naturally point the sights should look like ... |--|--|

instead they look like |-|---| and my shots go left. i move the sights into alignment but I think in the course of pulling the trigger they become naturally misaligned again.

I'm trying to develop a new natural grip with my right hand which helps but ti also puts my index finger more forward and tends to snag on the front of the trigger guard now.

I was taught to align the gun with the forearm bone. But I need to have the back strap off on an angle sort of pressing into that meaty part of my hand to get a natural POA that has the sights correctly aligned when I raise the gun. I guess I'll get used to it but not sure what else to do.
    I am left eye dominant/right handed. I have found just slanting my head a bit to the right works best for me. I dont have any issues lining up the sites doing it that way

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    I am left eye dominant/right handed. I have found just slanting my head a bit to the right works best for me. I dont have any issues lining up the sites doing it that way
    When you hold the gun in your right hand adn extend it out, if you look straight down on it, does the barrel run in straight line with your forearm. Or is the gun or wrist forming a line of it's own?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516