Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PA-10 First Impressions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I have one of the Gen 2 PA-10s and mine has been great. Shoots 3/4MOA at 100 yards pretty consistently with FGGM 168 and 175 gr ammo and hand loads. I was expecting a 1.5-2MOA gun from them, and was surprised to get MOA to Sub-MOA accuracy with decent ammo. Mine has run great with zero malfunctions in about 400 rounds, and i've run it pretty hard and extremely dirty at times. I wasn't expecting much, and got it for a fun plinker, but it's been surprisingly reliable and accurate. I've run it both suppressed and un suppressed. For the money, i've been very happy.Attachment 43316
    Man, that amazing. I like your rifle!
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mic2377 View Post
    To the poster asking about gas blocks, buffers, etc - probably the best course of action is to get one of their complete lowers, already assembled, rather than swapping random parts. See if it runs before swapping stuff.
    Quite right. I read this and then immediately ordered their completed lower. I was trying to avoid putting the whole thing on the same paycheck but you're right, I can't know what I have until it's actually running with something. For a mere $650 to have an up and running 308 AR even a couple parts swapped out is still going to be a heck of a bargain.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    Just FYI: PSA voided the warranty on my PA10 and the reason that they cited for doing so was because I put a low-profile, adjustable gas block on the rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Herk View Post
    Just FYI: PSA voided the warranty on my PA10 and the reason that they cited for doing so was because I put a low-profile, adjustable gas block on the rifle.
    Would they have honored the warranty if you ran it suppressed without one?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
    Interesting question, would love to know the answer as I've never really dealt with PSA on that level. I keep looking at their AR10''s. It's only a matter of time before I end up buying one to play with.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That is odd to hear about the warranty issue.

As for the completed lowers - the buffer/spring/tube setup is actually not bad. It is basically an AR-10/A5 length tube with an AR-10 carbine spring, and what appears to be an H carbine buffer. It is essentially how I would set one of these up if I were building one.

As a whole system, I think they are starting to get the kinks worked out. Mix and matching remains dicey in my mind given they have some proprietary parts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Herk View Post
    Did you need to use the warranty? I guess the answer if you do is to reinstall the one it came with.

Feedback Score
    Quite right. I read this and then immediately ordered their completed lower. I was trying to avoid putting the whole thing on the same paycheck but you're right, I can't know what I have until it's actually running with something. For a mere $650 to have an up and running 308 AR even a couple parts swapped out is still going to be a heck of a bargain.
    I paid $190 with free shipping for the blem lower without a blem. Can't beat that. Yes, I put in a different trigger. And I built my upper. But for the price if I had to do it over again I'd buy a complete and see how the barrel was first.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 09stanggt View Post
    Did you need to use the warranty? I guess the answer if you do is to reinstall the one it came with.
    I did; the rifle wouldn't chamber ammo and when I mortared the partially-chambered rounds out they looked like they had been dropped on gravel and stepped on, so burred was the chamber. PSA refused to fix it because gas block.

If you do decide to buy a PSA (I, for one, never will again) then make sure to remove all accessories and return it to factory condition before sending it back for warranty work. Also, deny that you ever accessorized it in the first place if they accuse you of such. PSA might still void your warranty (really, what COULDN'T be construed as "modification", something that PSA's warranty forbids?) but you might be able to get your gun fixed if you don't help them come up with an excuse to screw you.

Feedback Score
    If putting a low-profile gas block on a PSA is a "modification" that voids their warranty, then I imagine that attaching a can is a similar "modification". I would deny that I'd ever used a can if asked by PSA. If you attach a different muzzle device in order to mount your can, put the A2 birdcage back on before sending it back for warranty work.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast