Hi All,
In a moment of impulse I picked up some PA-10 parts over Black Friday. Most namely a complete PA-10 upper combo deal w/10 308 PMAGS and a completed PA-10 blem lower.

The upper is the follows:
18" FN CHF/CL barrel, rifle gas
MI SS Keymod 15" rail
Standard charging handle
A2 hider
Nickel boron BCG group

The lower was just the base lower and parts kit, assembled.

Some pros:
- the barrel/rail combo is excellent quality.
- the barrel is a useful medium profile, and rifle gas system
- From prior reviews the BCG seemed suspect, but checked the ejector/extractor spring tension and everything seemed A-OK. It was all well-finished.
- the assembly work seemed acceptable (at least on the upper!)
- the rifle ships with a extended length carbine buffer tube, and a H buffer. The length is similar to a VLTOR A5. This allows use of standard AR-15 buffers up to H3. This is optimal in my mind for a carbine 308.

Some cons:
- the completed lower DIDNT HAVE A HAMMER. Didn't matter to me as it easily accepted a SSA-E trigger.

I did not have particularly high hopes give both PA-10's rep and the fact that cheap 308 AR's can be troublesome from a function standpoint. Fortunately it ran great! BHO on last round, 4 o'clock ejection pattern, and all the fired brass looked great. Furthermore, the accuracy seems to be quite good as well. It was 10 degrees with 25+ mph wind and I only had access to the 50 yd range, but I still managed to crank out several 5 shot groups that were in the 1/2-3/4" range using my bulk 308 blasting load of a Hornady 150 FMJ-BT over H4895.

Perhaps PSA has been overall improving their quality? Their QC continues to need work but I believe this is a reasonable option for a "hobby" 308 if it can be found on sale. Maybe I just got lucky.