Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: PA-10 First Impressions

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by bfoosh006; 08-29-17 at 17:22.

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by bfoosh006; 08-29-17 at 19:20.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    To drag this back from the dead...

Some long term follow up - have shot both of my 18" uppers over the past year. Both continue to run 100%. Round count is still not that high yet as I have been shooting my 6.5 CM AR more at long range.

More notably I did stretch the 18" FN CHF upper out to ~760 yards. Accuracy was certainly acceptable as I was able to make 70% hits on a 15" Target at that range in 10-15 mph winds. My 155 grain load is very mild though (2580 fps?) and starts running out of steam much further than that.

I have been meaning to do some load workup with heavier bullets/hotter loads for these 2 guns, but my 6.5 CM just shoots so well it has been put on the backburner.

Feedback Score
    Well, mines a piece of shit. The barrel started rotating and caused the bolt to warp on the lugs. So inspect you bolt real close. Probably around maybe 250 to 300 rds. Oh and they dont make it easy sending them back. Ive been waiting like a month for them to send me some number to put on my return label. **** them, never again.

Feedback Score
    Oh and the wierd white corrosion under the crooked gas tube, forgot to mention that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How did the barrel start rotating? Is the extension loose in the upper or the barrel loosening from the extension? FWIW both of mine have MI rails with steel barrel nuts, they have been rock solid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mic2377 View Post
    How did the barrel start rotating? Is the extension loose in the upper or the barrel loosening from the extension? FWIW both of mine have MI rails with steel barrel nuts, they have been rock solid.
    I have no idea. I just know that the lugs are bent on the corners in the direction that the barrel is rotating. I originally thought that it was just the handguard that was moving, so i removed it, i have the MI hanguard as well. Then i noticed the gas tube was crooked, so i went to pull the the bcg out and noticed it wouldnt budge. I had to rip it out of the upper. Upon inspection i saw the bolt lugs and surmised that the barrel must be rotating.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567