Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9 announced

Feedback Score
    This gun looks awesome! By that I meant the trigger and the stock sights. It looks like a gun that is GTG right OTB.

I'm very curious about the dustcover also. It's going to make it much more difficult to make holsters for and will add to the bulk of the holster. This is the first thing every holster maker is saying. It's doable but much hard than a glock, SW, HK, etc... holster. If carrying AIWB most will make to move the gun more towards the centerline of the body.

If you plan to run a light on your gun it really changes the game and I see this as a major downside. I played around with my glocks last night imagining using my X300U or TLR1 mounted that low and it's just plain awkward. Maybe I'm missing something. And again it really creates and odd holster. Depending on the ride height of your IWB holster if you want a holster that allows you to get a good grip on the top of the light bearing holster will be well below the beltline. My first thought was they were mounting a light in the dustcover but with the pictures I've seen that doesn't appear to be the case.
    Owner of Harry's Holsters
    www.HarrysHolsters.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Definitely excited to see more info on this guy get dropped at shot. Looking forward to trying one out when it becomes available.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Info is live on the Hudson website now

https://www.hudsonmfg.com/product/

It's kinda like a 9mm striker fired 1911 with some extra goodies thrown in. Big heavy SOB at 34oz unloaded though...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks cool but they lost me at $1100. To be fair, I'm not knocking the gun or the price but I don't need a $1k+ toy and I have all the practical carry guns I need

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My guess for the dust cover is that the recoil system needs the room. A short but fat recoil system. The take down lever looks pretty close to the front of the gun, taking up some space there.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Looks cool but they lost me at $1100. To be fair, I'm not knocking the gun or the price but I don't need a $1k+ toy and I have all the practical carry guns I need

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    That's a decent 1911. So the price seems fair to me.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Before I pass judgement I'll have to read few reviews from people I trust and handle one in a shop first. The looks, price and weight are off putting but we'll see. The looks can be adjusted to but the price and weight maybe not. How about magazines?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Really interested in the wonky dust cover, and what's going on there...

I'll admit, if my local rental range gets one I'll put a few rounds through it.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    One thought is that rail is gonna be a little funky for a light being so low. Light controls look like they'd be down around your ring finger level...

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I can't wait to see the linkage to the guide rod/recoil assembly...I've never seen one so far below the bore.

At first I thought maybe it had an integral laser or flashlight but apparently not.

I'll be this is one smooth shooting gun.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast