Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9 announced

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I can't wait to see the linkage to the guide rod/recoil assembly...I've never seen one so far below the bore.

At first I thought maybe it had an integral laser or flashlight but apparently not.

I'll be this is one smooth shooting gun.
    Could it just recoil against the frame and independent of the barrel?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't shoot USPSA - would this be approved as a production gun? It looks pretty nose heavy, might that be the aim?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I can't wait to see the linkage to the guide rod/recoil assembly...I've never seen one so far below the bore.

At first I thought maybe it had an integral laser or flashlight but apparently not.

I'll be this is one smooth shooting gun.
    I have seen the vids of them shooting it. Very flat shooting.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Before I pass judgement I'll have to read few reviews from people I trust and handle one in a shop first. The looks, price and weight are off putting but we'll see. The looks can be adjusted to but the price and weight maybe not. How about magazines?
    People that know a lot about guns have been shooting it. They are impressed with it from what I can tell.

I also think it looks very cool (not that matters). Kinda "bladerunnerish."

C4

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Just based on looks, and me being shallow, I think it looks damn cool. I would not be shocked if we see Hollywood using this in the next few years.

All vanity aside, I bet it's damn near one of the softest shooting 9's on the market. I really want to shoot one.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    If they actually make it to market and work, I will buy one.

Feedback Score
    Color me interested, but I'm definitely going to have to stop and think for a moment about how to interface with a Surefire under that giant rail. I'm oddly reminded of the VP70 carried by the Colonial Marines in Aliens.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The video I saw shows a pretty standard recoil system sitting very low in the dust cover. I didn't see any unusual linkage. Looks like the spring sits against the frame.

Feedback Score
    I'm just shocked that so many gun folks are optimistic and supportive. Usually anything new and unusual looking is immediately hated on sight.

My only concern is light placement and use. Even a low-profile Surefire XC1 could be hard to activate. But what do I know, it might be much ado about nothing.

EDIT: LEDs are getting pretty small. Maybe a drop-in weaponlight that replaces the guide rod? Looks like there's enough room for batteries in there.
    Last edited by 1911-A1; 01-09-17 at 15:53.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I would be interested in a integral light just to streamline things...appears not the case.
    While different to the eye, it looks well executed.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast