Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caracal's "CAR816A2"

Feedback Score

Caracal's "CAR816A2"

$1850 MSRP seems a tad steep, but who knows? Maybe it's the next big thing

http://caracalusa.com/caracal-car816-a2.html

Feedback Score
    No mention of materials used, testing or proofing procedures. So that's not helping justify the price.

Calliber 5.56 x 45mm NATO
    Operating principle Gas operated, piston
    Modes of fire Safe and semi
    Overall Length (Stock Extended) 36.3" (922mm)
    Overall Length (Stock Collapsed) 33" (838mm)
    Barrel Length 16" (406mm)
    Barrel Contour Modified M4
    Rifling Twist 1:7” (1:178mm)
    Flash Hider A2 Style – ½”-28 Threads
    Sight Radius 14" (355.6mm)
    Weight w/o Magazine 7.4 lbs. (3.4 kg)
    Trigger type Mil Spec
    Trigger Pull 5.5-9.5 lbs. (2.5-4.3 kg)
    Magazine Type Polymer/Stainless Steel
    Magazine capacity 30 rounds
    Butt stock Magpul® STR Carbine Stock – Mil-Spec
    Grip Caracal

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like a Sig 516.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Looks like a Sig 516.
    That's exactly what I was thinking.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Looks like a Sig 516.
    ^^^ 3rd. Just look at the grip. I haven't seen a Sig 516 or M400 on the shelves in quite some time.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    the CAR 816 A2 is a tactical weapon
    and I've already lost interest.

Until someone produced evidence that this deserves to compete with the likes of the scar or hk416, or even a rack-grade normal m4, I can't see why anyone would care about this.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Bunny View Post
    and I've already lost interest.

Until someone produced evidence that this deserves to compete with the likes of the scar or hk416, or even a rack-grade normal m4, I can't see why anyone would care about this.

They need better PR. If they price it low, the public looks at it as crap. If they price it high, the public looks at it as too expensive and not worth it. Without some form of marketing blitz to showcase why this weapon is worth it, they are going to have a hard time selling them.

People can hate on marketing all they want, but good marketing is both educational, as well as the aspect of making people desire the object.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    They need better PR. If they price it low, the public looks at it as crap. If they price it high, the public looks at it as too expensive and not worth it. Without some form of marketing blitz to showcase why this weapon is worth it, they are going to have a hard time selling them.

People can hate on marketing all they want, but good marketing is both educational, as well as the aspect of making people desire the object.
    Should have gone with the "**** you, you can't have it" tactic. Might have been funny.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The receivers's aesthetically pleasing, I like aesthetics of less curvered magazine thats in it too. Anybody know whats manufacturer and model of that magazine?

Regardless I won't be buying that thing even if it was $700 or something. There's other AR and gun I rather to put the money toward.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    Should have gone with the "**** you, you can't have it" tactic. Might have been funny.

Doesn't work unless you have seized at least one embassy....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast