Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Caracal's "CAR816A2"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just picked one up from my FFL today. I am looking forward to ringing it out. So far I find it rather impressively put together and engineered.
    Kiowa pilot turned Hooker.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CFII View Post
    Just picked one up from my FFL today. I am looking forward to ringing it out. So far I find it rather impressively put together and engineered.
    Please let us know your impressions once you've shot it some. Also, opinion re quality as compared to HK416, Sig 516 and other good quality AR rifles.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I will. I haven't owned a gas piston gun before, but I have a stable of LaRue, KAC, LMT, etc etc to compare it against.

I bought this one since many consider it the most product improved 416 you can buy, plus it was only 999. Oh, and Wilcox made it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CFII View Post
    I will. I haven't owned a gas piston gun before, but I have a stable of LaRue, KAC, LMT, etc etc to compare it against.

I bought this one since many consider it the most product improved 416 you can buy, plus it was only 999. Oh, and Wilcox made it.
    They are still available for $999? Where did you buy them from? I know Rainier them sold for that price last year during a promo, but I can't find it at that price any longer. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If they would offer a full length Mlok hand guard, I would be interested. Would prefer chrome-lined barrel though.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yrch21 View Post
    They are still available for $999? Where did you buy them from? I know Rainier them sold for that price last year during a promo, but I can't find it at that price any longer. Thank you.

I found it unfired for sale on the EE of another gun site. Im happy with the snag. I still need to shoot it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    I know next to nothing about the company or their products. Am I willing to spend $1,800 of my hard earned dollars on one? Nope. They may be great rifles but; a) I'm no fan of piston systems. b) Only very basic specs are given. c) It's a very young company and hasn't built much of a reputation at this point. Right now there are too many good deals from great companies with good reputations to take a chance. YMMV.
    Why would you post on a threat about piston systems when you say you don’t even like them???? You are only going to be negative more then likely. Which you did. Just wondering why. It’s bringing nothing to the discussion.

I have piston’s and DI’s. Both are solid. Various Colts, FN, Sig 516 and caracal upper. I shoot my pistons suppressed mostly. I tend to like DI more. I do run the 516’s full auto and they kick but. Pistons are front heavy
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    2022 purchase checking in here, will post a full range report after 1K rounds. So far, after a few hundred, from steel to 5.56, very good performer; no bench shooting, running & gunning. Clean-up is effortless. LEO discount is superb as well.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast