Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Caracal's "CAR816A2"

Feedback Score

Caracal's "CAR816A2"

Quote Originally Posted by SmugPePe View Post
    The receivers's aesthetically pleasing, I like aesthetics of less curvered magazine thats in it too. Anybody know whats manufacturer and model of that magazine?

Regardless I won't be buying that thing even if it was $700 or something. There's other AR and gun I rather to put the money toward.
    If you are talking about the "mag" pictured in the link, it appears to be a CAD or 3D cartoon, not an actual magazine.

The YouTube videos show a standard GI style mag being used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like aesthetics of less curvered magazine thats in it too. Anybody know whats manufacturer and model of that magazine?

I think it is cgi'd in also, *but* Orlite magazines have a very similar silhouette.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know next to nothing about the company or their products. Am I willing to spend $1,800 of my hard earned dollars on one? Nope. They may be great rifles but; a) I'm no fan of piston systems. b) Only very basic specs are given. c) It's a very young company and hasn't built much of a reputation at this point. Right now there are too many good deals from great companies with good reputations to take a chance. YMMV.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Caracal is evidently contracting out the manufacturing to an outfit called Wilcox Industries. Not familiar with them, although they seem to do work for DoD contracts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oh. Well that's a shame.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't think it is a shame to have Wilcox build something. If anything the name brings credibility to the offering. Some of the most serious organizations in this country turn to Wilcox when they need something in short order and nothing on the market will do what they need.

The rifle seems similar to a Sig 516 because some former Sig engineer have done work for Caracal.

Their does appear to be some interesting changes including rail height, attachment method, and the rail surrounds the gas block. There are only so many ways to get a piston on an ar15. They will all start to look somewhat like the next.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I mean about the more straight 30 rounder mag being cgi not a real existing product.

(Yeah I know thats the curve is necessary for reliability of the magazine function due to sublet tapering of the round.)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Caracal is evidently contracting out the manufacturing to an outfit called Wilcox Industries. Not familiar with them, although they seem to do work for DoD contracts.
    Rumor was that Wilcox built the USA made HK45 guns years ago. Not sure if that's true or not, but that was the rumor. Wilcox has a stellar reputation.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post

Wilcox is a phenomenal manufacturer. They have previously collaborated with HK and make tier-1 products for military/police. If they are collaborating with Caracal USA this is pretty certain to be a great product.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I mean about the more straight 30 rounder mag being cgi not a real existing product.

(Yeah I know thats the curve is necessary for reliability of the magazine function due to sublet tapering of the round.)
    Check out CAA and IMI magazines also
    Not straight, but noticeably less curve than other 30rds mags. Considering the Orlite was similar and I think all are Israeli I assume some sort of link between the 3.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast