Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Caracal's "CAR816A2"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Who did you place the order through?
    Caracal directly.

Far as I know, Wilcox is still manufacturing these for Caracal in the US.

Feedback Score
    Don't know about current production, but at one time the only UAE-sourced component was the pistol grip.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Don't know about current production, but at one time the only UAE-sourced component was the pistol grip.
    Pistol grip, rail, maybe another item or two. I just picked up the upper, and built a lower to what I like setup wise.

Rail is overbuilt, very robust.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Update, not much of one...ran 250 thru her in October in 60 degree weather. All rounds were steel and the 'harsh' setting was used, function was flawless. Ran 250 of XM193, 16 degrees, this last Saturday with perfect function. Light recoil and accurate. Will continue to update as I go along...have another carbine I run on the reg so...

EDIT : I'm running a Spikes T2 powder buffer rather than the H3 factory powder buffer. I do this simply because I absolutely will shoot garbage ammo thru this setup.
    Last edited by Patrin; 12-06-22 at 18:20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrin View Post
    Update, not much of one...ran 250 thru her in October in 60 degree weather. All rounds were steel and the 'harsh' setting was used, function was flawless. Ran 250 of XM193, 16 degrees, this last Saturday with perfect function. Light recoil and accurate. Will continue to update as I go along...have another carbine I run on the reg so...

EDIT : I'm running a Spikes T2 powder buffer rather than the H3 factory powder buffer. I do this simply because I absolutely will shoot garbage ammo thru this setup.
    good update. thanks for posting.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Another 225...IMI M193 in 19 degree temp. 725 rounds thus far. Have used the harsh setting with Wolf and reloads in low temp, 100% reliable. Standard setting with the full power 5.56, she runs and a soft shooter.

My RDS did fail dramatically, irons saved the day.

Feedback Score
    Another 225...IMI M193 in 19 degree temp. 725 rounds thus far. Have used the harsh setting with Wolf and reloads in low temp, 100% reliable. Standard setting with the full power 5.56, she runs and a soft shooter.

My RDS did fail dramatically, irons saved the day.
    Well to be fair IMI ammo is known for being a little on the "spicy" side. I was playing with different buffer weights on a carbine of mine once and used several different loads (all 5.56, no .223). The ONLY round that functioned 100%, regardless of the buffer, was IMI 77gr Razor ammo. Of course once I got the buffer weight right they all worked but I found that interesting.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Oh, no doubt, it’s great ammo.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Another hundo today - 825 total. Standard gas setting @ 25 degrees. Doing a fresh zero on some new SD ammo, 50 grain TSX - same zero as IMI and PMC, confirmed it. No issues.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Another hundo today - 825 total. Standard gas setting @ 25 degrees. Doing a fresh zero on some new SD ammo, 50 grain TSX - same zero as IMI and PMC, confirmed it. No issues.
    I continue to appreciate the updates. Thank you.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast