Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Caracal's "CAR816A2"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrin View Post
    Another hundo today - 825 total. Standard gas setting @ 25 degrees. Doing a fresh zero on some new SD ammo, 50 grain TSX - same zero as IMI and PMC, confirmed it. No issues.
    So your 50-55gr rounds from several different manufacturers is basically the same zero? Good to know, because there are times that it varies from maker-to-maker. Good updates!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    They need better PR. If they price it low, the public looks at it as crap. If they price it high, the public looks at it as too expensive and not worth it. Without some form of marketing blitz to showcase why this weapon is worth it, they are going to have a hard time selling them.

People can hate on marketing all they want, but good marketing is both educational, as well as the aspect of making people desire the object.
    need a like button

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    So your 50-55gr rounds from several different manufacturers is basically the same zero? Good to know, because there are times that it varies from maker-to-maker. Good updates!
    I had read that the 50’s (TSX) share the same zero as most 55 M193, so I checked it out for myself, and sure enough the trajectory holds true.

Makes purchasing ammo a bit more streamlined.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    At 2220 rounds on the Caracal 816A2 upper (14.5)...mostly IMI M193 and M855 as of late. No malfunctions, shot in all weather conditions and mostly same configuration as previously stated.

Accuracy is excellent and I'll be purchasing another upper this summer.

Feedback Score
    At 2220 rounds on the Caracal 816A2 upper (14.5)...mostly IMI M193 and M855 as of late. No malfunctions, shot in all weather conditions and mostly same configuration as previously stated.

If they would just chrome line them.......

I'd certainly take nitrided over a non-treated barrel (like the MR556, especially what they charge for it!), but to me chrome lined is the standard. Maybe I'm too "old school" and times are passing me by, I dunno.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    4 out of my 5 main rifles are nitrided and no issues to report…that said, I clean them after most uses and no corrosive ammo is ever used.

I feel ya tho on the chrome lining, nice to have for sure.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I certainly appreciate the update, thank you. There isn’t a large amount of them in the wild, and I had forgotten that I wanted one
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I certainly appreciate the update, thank you. There isn’t a large amount of them in the wild, and I had forgotten that I wanted one
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have experience with the 11.5" 816 SBR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Are the civilian 816s using cold hammer forged barrels like the military ones? I know the civilian ones are nitrided and not chromed but haven’t found anything regarding whether or not they’re hammer forged. The website doesn’t specify, which leads me to thing they’re not hammer forged because that’s the kind of feature a company would happily advertise.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast